The Movie Forums Top 130 Albums Countdown

Tools    

Had a long conversation with Chyp about Joy Division here after i watched and posted about 24 Hour Party People. Like i told him there's something about Joy Division that prevents them from becoming a favourite but i do like them and i like Closer better than Unknown Pleasures. Sad to see it so low but it's just a rung below all-time favourite of mine so i didn't vote for it.

Don't think I voted for any Joy Division albums, but I would have voted for Unknown Pleasures if I would have.
I remember you saying during that aforementioned conversation with Chyp that you hadn't listened to them much, so cool to see you liked them.

Let the night air cool you off
I remember you saying during that aforementioned conversation with Chyp that you hadn't listened to them much, so cool to see you liked them.
Yeah, I'm not even sure if I've ever actually listened to all of Closer. Listening to "Disorder" now. I really need to listen to them more often.

Murmur is the second and final of mine to show up today. R.E.M have loads of great Albums and i understand why a certain other one is more popular but this was the first i heard so it has stuck with me most.

It's also the Album i correctly told Miss Vicky she was wrong about. Haven't heard it but you've voted for the rest of their Discography

I've only heard one or two songs of Kendrick Lamar's that were nominated in the music threads. I can't say I get him....yet. With rap and hip hop it's the backing music that hooks me first. Each and every time, I've noticed.

Just remembered I forgot to vote for The Stone Roses.... f*ck, man. It's too hard to remember everything.
It's easier to remember everything when you've listening to the same stuff for 30 years

I think I can name two R.E.M. songs (Losing My Religion and Man in the Moon) and while they're not terrible they don't encourage me to delve deeper. I'm sure I've heard few others as well but can't remember anything of them.

Joy Division I've heard a bit but can't actually name a single song. It's close to being decent but there's something wrong in it that I can't really describe.

I think I've heard of Joy Division from Chyp mentioning them.

Doesn't everyone know Love Will Tear Us Apart? That's one song for sure I thought was universally recognised....

I like Closer but not so frequent listen to it compare to Unknown Pleasures.
hardly give REM fair chance album-wise

Doesn't everyone know Love Will Tear Us Apart? That's one song for sure I thought was universally recognised....
Yeah, MV said she hadn't heard of them in another thread and i posted Love Will Tear Us Apart thinking surely...apparently not