Albums Countdown Redux?

Tools    

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I've only heard bits and pieces of Shooter's music, as I've been on the cautious side and avoided most of his music for the reason you mentioned. Bluegrass is great... but what exactly keeps you away from country? It's a massive genre that has to have something for everybody tucked away waiting for prying eyes (ears).

I just don't listen to music much anymore. I like the old outlaw country, but I don't listen to much of anything that isn't some form of talking. Then again, I never thought of the Eagles as country but I get the feeling most do.

This is a favorite of mine though...

Let the night air cool you off

I just don't listen to music much anymore. I like the old outlaw country, but I don't listen to much of anything that isn't some form of talking. Then again, I never thought of the Eagles as country but I get the feeling most do.

This is a favorite of mine though...
Waylon is bad-ass. Bit of a trivia: Waylon in The Wire is played by Steve Earle, a country/country-rock artist, whose character is named after Waylon Jennings.

That song is so aggressive with that driving guitar sound. I love it.

Copperhead Road is great. Old hanging out buddy of mine use to always drag out his "hanging with Steve Earle" story. I only heard it over a hundred times. Proud he was.

Let us not forget our hip hop either:

OutKast
Kanye West
Kendrick Lamar
Jay-Z
Wu-Tang Clan
Raekwon
Ghostface Killah
Killer Mike
El-P
Run the Jewels
Pusha T
Clipse
NWA
Eazy-E
Notorious B.I.G.
Danny Brown
Death Grips
Chance the Rapper
Big L
Public Enemy

Who am I forgetting?

yes !!

Master of My Domain

OutKast
Kanye West
Kendrick Lamar
Jay-Z
Wu-Tang Clan
Raekwon
Ghostface Killah
Killer Mike
El-P
Run the Jewels
Pusha T
Clipse
NWA
Eazy-E
Notorious B.I.G.
Danny Brown
Death Grips
Chance the Rapper
Big L
Public Enemy

Who am I forgetting?
Where's Nas?

"Four albums in 10 years, *****? I could divide
That's one every… let's say two, two of them ****s was due
One was "nah," the other was Illmatic
That's a one-hot-album-every-10-year average
And that's so (lame)"

Master of My Domain
"Four albums in 10 years, *****? I could divide
That's one every… let's say two, two of them ****s was due
One was "nah," the other was Illmatic
That's a one-hot-album-every-10-year average
And that's so (lame)"
Whatever, Ilmatic is just too good. Expect it to be on my list.

Was thinking about the 25 or 50 issue since i think it's the main roadblock to people starting to send lists. If you want to send 50 then go ahead but in the end i may only use your top 25 because if we go for 50 the minimum to make the Countdown has to be extended to at least 50 points and on at least two lists, if most send lists of 25 that's going to be almost impossible to achieve with the maximum amount of lists i think we could get. So it really depends on how many would be willing to send 50.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
This is the best album countdown, not the best album cover countdown!
How you defining album?
Look it up on RYM.
Am I wasting my time? I feel like I am wasting my time.
I love wasting my time. Plus rep!
Who am I forgetting?
Good music.
That shout of mine about Linkin Park the other day... That was a joke.. De... Der.... Derek, don't take it seriously!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

OutKast
Kanye West
Kendrick Lamar
Jay-Z
Wu-Tang Clan
Raekwon
Ghostface Killah
Killer Mike
El-P
Run the Jewels
Pusha T
Clipse
NWA
Eazy-E
Notorious B.I.G.
Danny Brown
Death Grips
Chance the Rapper
Big L
Public Enemy

Who am I forgetting?

EPMD, Rakim, the Beatnuts, Gravediggaz, GZA. T.I., Bun B

I'm a firm believer that the first wave of Wu albums are essentials...except for Tical.

That shout of mine about Linkin Park the other day... That was a joke.. De... Der.... Derek, don't take it seriously!
I didn't see it ?!

I swear if this thread descends into that dull as sht hip hop (show me how clever you are by only quoting that part) argument that's been rehashed here dozens of times i'm banning several of you. Don't believe i have those powers but i'll find a way!