The Women Directors Hall of Fame

Tools    

if I find a couple I really like I might send a really small partial list

This will be my 5th nomination by a female director in a Hall of Fame after Boys Don't Cry and Mikey and Nicky in general HoFs, Humanoids from the Deep in the B Movie HoF, and Triumph of the Will in the Documentary HoF.

This will be my 5th nomination by a female director in a Hall of Fame after Boys Don't Cry and Mikey and Nicky in general HoFs, Humanoids from the Deep in the B Movie HoF,

and Triumph of the Will in the Documentary HoF.
I almost went with another Leni Riefenstahl film for this Hof. Probably not hard to guess which one. Though actually I considered two of her movies.

No new information just bumping this to see if anyone else wants to join haha. Will be starting on Monday and will give an extra week or two due to the holidays if needed.

sounds great, Camo!
I may go with my nom first just to see it
I'm looking forward to yours. Without giving too much away i think it seems like the right mix of arty and conventional to be a contender here, haven't seen it so i may be wrong that's just the impression i've got from some stuff i've heard.

Few stats on the noms so far. 3/8 are foreign, won't say which countries as that will narrow it down considerably. Four of them are from the 1990's, two from the 2010's, one from the 2000's and one from the 1950's. And i hadn't heard of one of them before this.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
glad to see an older one, Ida Lupino was on my short list when I was looking for a nom.

And thanks, Camo! I want to respond but I'm terrified I'll give it all away, so I'll agree with the good mix of art and conventional.

glad to see an older one, Ida Lupino was on my short list when I was looking for a nom.

And thanks, Camo! I want to respond but I'm terrified I'll give it all away, so I'll agree with the good mix of art and conventional.
The 1950s nom isn't mine, surprise! I bet I know what movie the Ida Lupino one was.

The 1950s nom isn't mine, surprise! I bet I know what movie the Ida Lupino one was.
Yeah i thought you'd go for a Kelly Reichardt. Glad you didn't, while i love her i've seen most of her movies and am planning on watching the rest before the deadline. Wasn't planning on watching your nom (for reasons you know from our PM's) so glad you went with that instead.

Thursday Next is our ninth member Again another i've not seen, and one i've been planning on seeing. Must admit i either forgot or wasn't aware it was directed by a woman so i wasn't planning on seeing it for the Countdown.

Also a woman joins!

Yeah i thought you'd go for a Kelly Reichardt. Glad you didn't, while i love her i've seen most of her movies and am planning on watching the rest before the deadline. Wasn't planning on watching your nom (for reasons you know from our PM's) so glad you went with that instead.
I really, thought I was going with a Kelly Reichardt film too. I kind of thought I'd go with Sea of Grass as I doubt anyone but Mark has seen it, it's kind of great, and kind of not, if you know what I mean. It has something but is lacking too. Though I have to say the introspective into the female leads life of boredom was memorable. I still think about that film.

I really, thought I was going with a Kelly Reichardt film too. I kind of thought I'd go with Sea of Grass as I doubt anyone but Mark has seen it, it's kind of great, and kind of not, if you know what I mean. It has something but is lacking too. Though I have to say the introspective into the female leads life of boredom was memorable. I still think about that film.
Haven't seen that one so i'd have been happy if you went for that, still prefer what you went with as i'll probably watch Sea of Grass anyway.

Random Stat: Thursday Next's nomination is #1 by Average Rating on Letterboxd. I actually didn't expect that. Won't say what's last but i suspect the member who nominated knows, not because it's bad but it seems like a well watched yet polarizing film to me which usually results in a low average rating. Mines is in the middle.