Soviet Films

Tools    

I've watched dozens of films here, albeit mostly when it was free.
Thanks for the link. Dang there's a movie on there that's only been seen by 5 people on Letterboxd: The Last Attraction. Do you have any favourites out of interest?

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I wasn't aware You are such a hugh fan of Soviet Movie's. Goo to know
I've been a huge fan of Soviet/Russian cinema ever since I started getting into movies. I also had these false notions that Soviet/Russian cinema is far superior to American cinema. In all honesty, I think I still prefer the former, but now think the long neglected American cinema is amongst the best ever. Generally, I'd say my TOP 5 national cinemas would be:
  • Japanese
  • American
  • French
  • Italian
  • Soviet/Russian

Hungarian cinema is another favourite of mine, but arguably a lesser one, with not as big an output. Indian cinema is still a big enigma to me, but I've seen a couple of classics.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Many of these are found elsewhere.
The Girl with a Hatbox
The Island
(2006)
The Cuckoo
The Golden Antelope
(1955)
Winnie-the-Pooh (1969)
Welcome, or No Trespassing
Dersu Uzala
Siberiade
Hedgehog in the Fog
The Space Voyage
Spring on Zarechnaya Street
Viy
Don Quixote
(1957)
The Banishment
They Fought for Their Country
Destiny of a Man
War and Peace
(Bondarchuk) ha!

I’m also not sure about your intention but I’ll suggest Eldar Ryazanov movies

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The worst for me was Ninotchka, to me it was ridiculous. Basically Garbo is a joyless a-hole as a Soviet then when she discovers Capitalism she is a princess. Mark disagreed with me on this so maybe i'm reading into it too much, that's what i felt anyway. Posted this about it:
I tried watching that movie TWICE.... It's so unfunny I had to turn it off, twice.

I tried watching that movie TWICE.... It's so unfunny I had to turn it off, twice.
Yeah i can't blame you there. I've liked/loved everything else i've seen from Lubitsch so it was a big disappointment.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
I've been a huge fan of Soviet/Russian cinema ever since I started getting into movies. I also had these false notions that Soviet/Russian cinema is far superior to American cinema. In all honesty, I think I still prefer the former, but now think the long neglected American cinema is amongst the best ever. Generally, I'd say my TOP 5 national cinemas would be:
  • Japanese
  • American
  • French
  • Italian
  • Soviet/Russian

Hungarian cinema is another favourite of mine, but arguably a lesser one, with not as big an output. Indian cinema is still a big enigma to me, but I've seen a couple of classics.
You are full of surprises
Japanese cinemathography is obvious in Your case.
I'm not so much into Soviet movies (most of them is too grim for me), but I appreciate modern Russian films.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
You are full of surprises
Had you followed my Movie Tab II posts, or RYM/Letterboxd ratings, you wouldn't be surprised in the least.

Russian Ark is a film I picked up about two months ago; my plan is to watch it by the end of this weekend. My curiosity is definitely piqued.

I really want to see 'The Student' by Kirill Serebrennikov. But I haven't been able to locate a copy. It's not about Russian regimes as far as I can tell, more about contemporary morals and world views of Russia.