Soviet Films

Tools    

What are the great films made about the Soviet Union?

Been reading about it alot recently so i'd like to see some good films related to it. Eisenstein is already on my watchlist so there's no need to mention his films. Just anything where the Soviet Union plays a major part, Russia from the (attempted) Russian Revolution of 1905 up is fine actually as long as it involves the Communists or future Communists.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
You should probably tag Minio in this thread.
No tagging needed! I'm here! But too lazy to recommend! And RYM has no country tag feature (unless you make it yourself, but imagine tagging 5400 films...), so I will have to be brief and only give you one:

Zerkalo (1975)
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

No tagging needed! I'm here! But too lazy to recommend! And RYM has no country tag feature (unless you make it yourself, but imagine tagging 5400 films...), so I will have to be brief and only give you one:

Zerkalo (1975)
You are suggesting Mirror and that's it?

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
You are suggesting Mirror and that's it?
Look up my highest ratings and pick Soviet films yourself. You have to earn for your good films.

Look up my highest ratings and pick Soviet films yourself. You have to earn for your good films.
Got absolutely no intention of doing work for you. I'm not that interested in your selections, i'll figure things out myself.

Not interested in minio's selections??? How dare you!

Not interested in minio's selections??? How dare you!
@Yoda this was a post trying to bait me and please look at his threads. If someone should be banned it's Velvet, there's absolutely no reason to keep him around outside annoying members.

If you haven't watched them, check Mikhail Kalatozov's films, Pudovkin's Mother, The ascent or Come and see. If you don't mind propaganda and blatant glorification of the Soviet regime, these are some of the most breathtakingly intense pieces of film ever made. Also, I'm guessing you want to restrict your search to thematic focus and not origin, if that's not the case, there's a few more Soviets I'd gladly mention.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
What are the great films made about the Soviet Union?

Been reading about it alot recently so i'd like to see some good films related to it. Eisenstein is already on my watchlist so there's no need to mention his films. Just anything where the Soviet Union plays a major part, Russia from the (attempted) Russian Revolution of 1905 up is fine actually as long as it involves the Communists or future Communists.
This is my favorite.. I gave this a 10/10 and have a feeling you'd like this.

The Cranes Are Flying

P.S. - I was thinking about watching "Neds" today

This is my favorite.. I gave this a 10/10 and have a feeling you'd like this.

The Cranes Are Flying

P.S. - I was thinking about watching "Neds" today
Thanks mate. I have actually seen that and you're right i did like it, very good film. Hope you like Neds if you check it out, i didn't like it as much the second time i watched it. It's good but i do think alot of my enjoyment comes from the fact that i know neds in real life, including one of the actors in the film.

I watched the whole video