Any NBA Basketball fans?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
So much for "Can't win when your best two players are mid-range guys".

It's been said around the league CP would opt out, and I'm wondering if Sarver is going to pay him. If CP leaves, Booker can enjoy resting during the playoffs next year.

Even if CP does come back, I don't see them making The Finals. They got a lot of breaks along the way with opposing team injuries. Suns were the most healthiest team. Bucks didn't have Donte, and people were worrying Giannis might be out for a year, including himself.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Don’t think the Hornets could have done any better without mortgaging the future. Haven’t been this happy with a draft in a while.

Every year except for the New Orleans or Bobcats eras.

My eighth grade wardrobe was a different Hornets shirt for each day of the week. Like em’ more than the Tar Heels or Panthers.

I had arguably the greatest Starter jacket ever. The black Hornets pullover with the teal and purple with teal liner. The Hurricanes pullover might have been a close second. That thing was LOUD.

I'm curious what happens with Ben Simmons and Kyrie Irvin. I actually hope Kyrie doesn't acquiesce. I'm excited to see Cade Cunningham, who reminds me of Grant Hill and Luka Doncic.

I'm curious what happens with Ben Simmons and Kyrie Irvin. I actually hope Kyrie doesn't acquiesce. I'm excited to see Cade Cunningham, who reminds me of Grant Hill and Luka Doncic.
I hope Kyrie sits out. Think he will. He already made his millions. Wiggins caved, easy to call him a sell out but I'm not losing 31 million. I am a big Magic fan and Isaac is lucky to play a majority of his games in Florida. He will only miss 8 games if he doesn't get the vax. I think it's only NY and Cali that require it. Miss the 4 games in Cali and we play NY and BKY twice up there. Proud of the kid, hope he sticks to his guns. He is a helluva player if he can just shake the injury bug.

Godwin who played for the Hawks is out of the year with blood clots. Said he was fine until he got the vax. . None of these athletes are getting very sick from covid I think it's insane to require them to get it. You are adding a questionable variable to possibly the healthiest people on earth. And my biggest pet peeve is calling these dudes anti-vax. They are pro-choice. Anti-vax is just a phrase journalist use to shape the narrative.

Also Simmons a clown.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

I hope Kyrie sits out. Think he will. He already made his millions. Wiggins caved, easy to call him a sell out but I'm not losing 31 million. I am a big Magic fan and Isaac is lucky to play a majority of his games in Florida. He will only miss 8 games if he doesn't get the vax. I think it's only NY and Cali that require it. Miss the 4 games in Cali and we play NY and BKY twice up there. Proud of the kid, hope he sticks to his guns. He is a helluva player if he can just shake the injury bug.

Godwin who played for the Hawks is out of the year with blood clots. Said he was fine until he got the vax. . None of these athletes are getting very sick from covid I think it's insane to require them to get it. You are adding a questionable variable to possibly the healthiest people on earth. And my biggest pet peeve is calling these dudes anti-vax. They are pro-choice. Anti-vax is just a phrase journalist use to shape the narrative.

Also Simmons a clown.

Wasn't Wiggins' reason over religion? He also included his family. Money seems to be everyone's religion anyways. And yes, it's pro-choice, or anti-mandate, word games people play (pun intended - Alan Parsons). "We're not pro-abortion, we' just don't have the guts to say what we feel".

I don't think Kyrie will sit, but if there's someone in the NBA who would, it would be him. He mentioned retiring before, and sometimes I think he has been inspired by guys like Ali, etc., and wants to be remembered for that. The team (or city?) acquiesced by allowing him to practice in a private facility.

Simmons isn't helping his cause by sitting out. It only lowers his trade value, but I think the criticism against him is being made by non-basketball players. The guy can do EVERYTHING except shoot 3's. There are guys in the league who can do nothing else but shoot 3's, and some can't even do that but get paid extra dollars on "potential". Before he played a game, I remember someone from Kentucky calling him a head-case, but she didn't elaborate. Doc Rivers erred by saying he didn't know if Ben was a championship point guard. I know he was asked this after a bad loss, but there's absolutely no positive by saying he didn't know. It's like if someone asked "Do you think your team can compete for a championship next year?" and answering "I don't know". Embiid said a few things, and suddenly in the last few weeks, they pretend they want to play with him. I think Philly fans who boo everyone including Santa (I'd boo him, too) might have taken a toll on him. But unlike Harden who said he only wanted to go to the Nets, Ben wants to go anywhere outside of Philly.

I think there's too many box-score fans... No one ever asked why Devin Booker (or whoever) allowed Giannis to score 50. If a player's team wins the title and averages the most points with a decent %, it won't matter if he allowed the other guy to score 25 on him. There's a lot of off-the-court things that make a player/team work. Speaking of Simmons, the author wrote that huge book about basketball, trying to find "the secret" to winning.. He mentioned a story of how he saw Isiah Thomas and suddenly got scared he would beat him to death and was surprised when Isiah smiled and extended his hand and said, "Hi, I'm Isiah".. Eventually, Simmons asked Isiah the question, and Isiah said, "It has nothing to do with basketball" and if you saw the 30 For 30 Bad Boys' ESPN documentary, you'll see what I mean.

Looks like Ben Simmons might be back as early as next week. It's probably so that other GM's can see Ben play, but also for Philly to get more in return. It's gonna be awkward, even on the practice court. Also going to be very awkward when the media chases Ben everywhere to ask questions, and Doc, and Joel, and Morey, etc.

Great game billed as the #1 pick vs. #2.. Green (who looks like Mickey Mouse) had a dunk, talked trash and never scored again. Cade can do it all. Mature. Clutch. Plays on both ends.

I had money on the Pistons

Both teams are dreadful right now though haha

Less than 6 days from now.. Probably the most exciting day of the year.

Adrian Wojnarowski: The Clippers are trading Eric Bledsoe, Justise Winslow, Keon Johnson and future second-round pick to the Trail Blazers for Norman Powell and Robert Covington, sources tell ESPN.

I definitely think Clippers got the best end of that deal...

Less than 6 days from now.. Probably the most exciting day of the year.

Adrian Wojnarowski: The Clippers are trading Eric Bledsoe, Justise Winslow, Keon Johnson and future second-round pick to the Trail Blazers for Norman Powell and Robert Covington, sources tell ESPN.

I definitely think Clippers got the best end of that deal...
Powell is locked up on a pretty good contract. Thought he would've gotten a little better return.

Powell is locked up on a pretty good contract. Thought he would've gotten a little better return.

Right, and he's a very good player, plays both ends (which everyone should do) and a good, likable guy... Covington isn't the same offensive player, but probably a little better on defense, but on an expiring contract, so they have half the season to evaluate, but I actually like guys with a few years, in order to build chemistry, and so you don't lose a guy for nothing.

I doubt Philly trades Simmons, though.. I think some of it is Morey's ego, after he traded Harden for peanuts. I actually forgot who Houston got. Oh yeah, Victor Oladipo, who was (and is still) injured.

ESPN has a 3-hour special on the 10th.. I can't wait.

Right, and he's a very good player, plays both ends (which everyone should do) and a good, likable guy... Covington isn't the same offensive player, but probably a little better on defense, but on an expiring contract, so they have half the season to evaluate, but I actually like guys with a few years, in order to build chemistry, and so you don't lose a guy for nothing.
All of these teams right now just seem to want to get out of long term money, even if the yearly average isn't bad. Unless the player is a real difference maker, which I don't think Powell is.

I doubt Philly trades Simmons, though.. I think some of it is Morey's ego, after he traded Harden for peanuts. I actually forgot who Houston got. Oh yeah, Victor Oladipo, who was (and is still) injured.
Such a strange situation. You'd think with having a healthy and in his prime Embiid, and a good team already, they'd make a trade because they'd be a serious contender with a decent addition. Maybe Ben's value just isn't what a lot of us think it is? He is owed a ton of money and he has serious flaws. I think there's a lot of teams who wouldn't want that contract even if they didn't have to give up assets.

ESPN has a 3-hour special on the 10th.. I can't wait.
I'll be listening to the Boston based podcasts.

Disappointed I won't get to see Cade tonight, but they play each other 4 times in like the next month. Who do you see Detroit dealing? Grant? Olynyk? Hayes? Is Hayes a bust? Haven't seen much of him.

All of these teams right now just seem to want to get out of long term money, even if the yearly average isn't bad. Unless the player is a real difference maker, which I don't think Powell is.

Such a strange situation. You'd think with having a healthy and in his prime Embiid, and a good team already, they'd make a trade because they'd be a serious contender with a decent addition. Maybe Ben's value just isn't what a lot of us think it is? He is owed a ton of money and he has serious flaws. I think there's a lot of teams who wouldn't want that contract even if they didn't have to give up assets.

I'll be listening to the Boston based podcasts.

Disappointed I won't get to see Cade tonight, but they play each other 4 times in like the next month. Who do you see Detroit dealing? Grant? Olynyk? Hayes? Is Hayes a bust? Haven't seen much of him.

With those trades by Portland, maybe they're going to "restart", and who knows, maybe trade Lillard, who made a comment earlier in the season that didn't sound like he loved being there.

There was a rumor of getting CJ for Simmons, but I hear Morey's price is too high, but CJ would be better than no one. Embiid has had health issues, and they can't be contenders forever.. Wasting a season doesn't make much sense to me.

I like Grant, and don't think we'd get equal value, and don't see why we'd trade him, unless he wants out.. I can possibly see minor moves... Killian is a bust, and has finally been moved to the bench, but he isn't doing much. I thought we were going to draft Halliburton, but we did get Stew and Bey in that same draft, only later.

I thought Pritchard would be getting more time. I've only seen him rarely, but he seemed to play good on both ends... Boston reminds me of the Clippers, where Tatum and Brown seem to take turns on offense, instead of playing off of each other. The right kinda point guard could help. Schroeder isn't it (he actually turned down 90 million from LA to sign for 5 in Boston), and Marcus Smart might be the heart of the team, but not a "point guard". Williams is a great shot blocker.