MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2018 Regular Season

Tools    

I like the category. They are hard to get. Should be that way.

Hearing about this De Grom fellow as a Cy Young contender but my closer has as many Wins as him.
He plays for one of the weakest teams in the NL. I saw him pitch once and in seven innings he only allowed one run and two hits iirc, then when he left the bullpen gave up like five runs in two innings. Plus the Mets only had one run by the time he left, so i don't think his win-loss record is really his fault. Unless you mean something else.

Hearing about this De Grom fellow as a Cy Young contender but my closer has as many Wins as him.

Have they ever given that to a reliever? I assume its for starters but I really haven't followed the award's history. There have definitely been some relievers over the decades that were pretty damn good tho.

He plays for one of the weakest teams in the NL. I saw him pitch once and in seven innings he only allowed one run and two hits iirc, then when he left the bullpen gave up like five runs in two innings. Plus the Mets only had one run by the time he left, so i don't think his win-loss record is really his fault. Unless you mean something else.
He's being facetious. He's pretty sabermetrically-minded so I think he's just making fun of the Wins stat, or people who still care much about it.

Have they ever given that to a reliever? I assume its for starters but I really haven't followed the award's history. There have definitely been some relievers over the decades that were pretty damn good tho.
Yup, nine times, in fact. Eric Gagne most recently, I believe. Eck won it back in the day, too.

He's being facetious. He's pretty sabermetrically-minded so I think he's just making fun of the Wins stat, or people who still care much about it.
Oh thanks, considered that but wasn't sure.

Yup, nine times, in fact. Eric Gagne most recently, I believe. Eck won it back in the day, too.

That's right! I do vaguely remember Eck winning it now that you said that.

Because PW and Tim are close in a bunch of categories, the last week or so I've just found myself rooting for whichever is lower in most of them before they do too well and pass the other (or both of us) and I suddenly have to switch.

Geez, this is nuts. 0.5 points separate the three of us, Tim and Chris are neck-and-neck in like five categories, and I'm on the margin in a bunch myself. Impossible to predict, will almost definitely just come down to whose core players play the best the last few days.

In some ways, this is already a crazier finish than the year I lost to Adam by a single hit.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh Castellanos just fell two feet short of a homer as I was watching.

Roughly simultaneously, another usually excellent reliever chose the worst time possible to have an inexplicably terrible outing. Oof.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh Castellanos just fell two feet short of a homer as I was watching.
CRUZ JUST DID THE SAME THING. GAHHHH I CAN'T TAKE THIS.

It's at the point where the championship might have been flipped by a combined three feet.

Well, it's the last day. I can still see some paths to victory, but they're admittedly narrow.

I'll have a bit of moaning tomorrow, I'm sure, about how seemingly sound strategy got whacked with the luck fungo down the stretch, but I'll wait until the dust settles to do a formal post-mortem on the season.

Also, unrelated to fantasy, I'm actually pretty excited for the playoffs. Might actually sit down and watch a few games from start to finish, like that Oakland-New York Wild Card.

CRUZ JUST DID THE SAME THING. GAHHHH I CAN'T TAKE THIS.

It's at the point where the championship might have been flipped by a combined three feet.

Don't feel too bad. I left 3, that's right. 3 taters on my bench on Friday. Whatareyougonnado?

Hi everyone! I'm sorry that I've been such a no-show here this year. I'm checking in now to say to say that this has been such a crazy race over the last month or so and it looks like it's going down to the wire. Good luck, but not too much luck :P