Distractions - Pizza Joints?

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
after posting this to the Shoutbox, i realized it's just too long and needed its own thread. i rarely cap in my shouts, so apologies in advance for the possibly difficult read for it. i'm not going to edit this now!!

---

bit of a break while the guy cleans the flooring. i don't even know what day it is without looking at my taskbar.

on a less complainy note, i found an excellent pizza joint in Montgomery last weekend. Bibb Street Pizza Company. i don't think it's a franchise. anyhoozle, i saw a pic someone took for a review and it was a huge triangle of floppy goodness. i had to try it. 8 miles from mom's apartment seemed reasonable, so i called in an 18" Bibb ST Supreme with pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, onions, green peppers, and black olives. i added banana peppers too. it was just the two of us, but i wanted to experience the slice folding that i've only ever seen in t.v. and movies. mom thought i was an idiot wasting money on an 18" considering it was just the two of us, but i had to try it.

picking up the order i could just smell that i made the right decision. those banana peppers blended well in the aroma. when i got back to the apartment, i opened the box and i swear light struck me as if the Ark of the Covenant itself slapped me. only my face didn't melt like it did those nazis. i, instead, was lifted from my feet, floating in a waving path following the scent of delicious pizza.

I pulled a slice. A massive, murder-a-small-adult-sized wedge; but there would be no murder that night. this pizza needed to be eaten. too, it was just too floppy to even break the skin.

floppy. even after the famous fold, the slice was so thin that it still rolled back a bit, into itself. it was glorious. the crust must have been 2mm (you're welcome, foreigners) thin, and all toppings (though there were lots), were all evenly spread. The sauce was just enough to provide flavor without creating a soup. the toppings were all well represented in taste with the pepperoni having a good amount of spice within---something i've never tasted from any other pizza joint, ever. it was perfect. regarding the 18", it was gone in two days.

i'm now back in Lynchburg, VA, and had a craving for pizza last night. i ordered a medium similar-topping from a local joint i've never visited hoping for a similar magical experience. i ate 1.5 slices and was done. perhaps this one is the tool for murder....

i think i'm ruined =\

any of you got a favorite pizza spot? i don't think i can ever go back to Hungry Howie's now.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

My favourite pizza joint is Firestone Pizza and Wings in Hamilton. It's about 5 minutes from my apartment and I really like their pizza.

Oh yeah, for sure.

Years ago, there was a place nearby called Lucci's. Maybe the best pizza I've had. Then they get sold, change the recipe, go gluten-free (seriously). Good but not great any more. Found a local chain (just a few locations in the region, I think?) after moving into our current house that we like about as much as we liked that...and then there was an electrical fire next door or something and they were gone for awhile! But they're back now and they're our first choice. Only like a 5-6 minute drive, too.

It's almost a shame, because sometimes I kinda wanna mix it up, but it's so hard not to pick your favorite spot when you know it's going to be good each time.

No pineapple??????
Good for you. Fruit of the Devil that is imo.

Olives though

My favourite pizza place was actually in Germany, it was right by where I worked, owned and run by a lovely Italian who used to make garlic pizzas especially for me. Just tomato sauce, cheese and about a half tonne of chopped garlic. Oh and a few tiny crushed/torn green leafy things on it as well so I could call it 'healthy'.

Can't speak for anybody else but I never once got attacked by a single vampire in all the time I was over there

Didn't get attacked by any married ones neither

Mostly agreed on olives. I'll eat them on a pizza but will rake off if too large or too many. pineapple on pizza is the devil, but that's all i'll say in fear of this turning into a political-style death match thread over the topping mistake.

yoda sounds like you're bad luck for pizza places =\ STAY AWAY FROM BIBB STREET!!!! I'll be happy to fedEx you a box though?

re: Firestone, I got excited there for a moment but then realized the place I had been to was Waterstone Pizza. I'll be on the lookout for it though!

It tickles my loins that our "Detroit Style" Pizza is catching on. But not that new Pizza Hut crap. Gotta get the local, Buddy's, Shields, Loui's, Green Lantern or Jets.

I'm not sure if I should be concerned or not that pizza tickles your loins. But I shan't judge!

My favourite pizza place was actually in Germany, it was right by where I worked, owned and run by a lovely Italian who used to make garlic pizzas especially for me. Just tomato sauce, cheese and about a half tonne of chopped garlic. Oh and a few tiny crushed/torn green leafy things on it as well so I could call it 'healthy'.

Can't speak for anybody else but I never once got attacked by a single vampire in all the time I was over there

lol nice edit.
I've never considered that but now I'm curious. The garlic pizza, I mean. Not single vampires. Or married ones for that matter.

...any of you got a favorite pizza spot?...
My kitchen! I've been making pizza for over 30 years! And there's only one good way to make em'...let's see if anyone else hear mentions it.

My kitchen! I've been making pizza for over 30 years! And there's only one good way to make em'...let's see if anyone else hear mentions it.

Mom and I made one when I was a little kid but that's all I remember. I would like to try it one day. Making the dough and everything. Just not sure I have the patience. May be a few years still

Mom and I made one when I was a little kid but that's all I remember. I would like to try it one day. Making the dough and everything. Just not sure I have the patience. May be a few years still
Two words: Bread machine...it'll knead the dough saving some work. I make a handmade pizza every Friday night...and I've had a pizza every weekend since I was 5 years old. That's a lot of pizzas!

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
For me, Ledo Pizza's Deluxe is king. But there's none in my area so I normally settle for Dominos Pizza's ExtravaganZZa on a pan crust.

For me, Ledo Pizza's Deluxe is king. But there's none in my area so I normally settle for Dominos Pizza's ExtravaganZZa on a pan crust.

Were you the one that posted pics of some Domino's pizza maybe a year back? That pic made me buy one.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
any of you got a favorite pizza spot? i don't think i can ever go back to Hungry Howie's now.

There are two great pizzerias around here. One specializes in thin crust pizza, and the other specializes in gourmet pizza.

Teddy's Restaurant & Bar is in Elmont, NY. It looks like a little hole-in-the-wall place, (and it is one), but they make the best thin crust pizza I've ever tasted. Their secret is the cornmeal-crust pizza with a delicious homemade sauce. I haven't been there in a long time, and to be honest, I thought they had closed due to the pandemic, but this thread made me look them up, and apparently they're still open.

Centre Pizza Restaurant is in Little Neck, NY. They make the best gourmet pizza anywhere. My favorites are the Baked Ziti Pizza and the Ravioli a la Vodka Pizza. They're not cheap, but they're sooo good!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

When I was younger, I used to cover my pizza with garlic powder. It was delicious. (I don't know why I stopped doing that, but I haven't done it since I was in grade school.)

Two words: Bread machine...it'll knead the dough saving some work. I make a handmade pizza every Friday night...and I've had a pizza every weekend since I was 5 years old. That's a lot of pizzas!
Years back we used to go to the famous Miceli's in Hollywood. They had the best distinctive rolls I've ever tasted. I finally asked them how they were made. They used pizza dough!

I don't eat wheat, so we buy the cauliflower pizza crusts from WalMart, then hop them up. I'll get resentment for this...

Pizza is ****e here in the UK, well where I am anyway!

The ones near me are expensive for the quality you get... Rather just buy one in the supermarket or make one.

I have my fav and my gf has her fav. We eat at her fav much more often but mine is better and she'll admit that but my place doesn't have the leftovers (and it's a bit pricier). She like the next day pizza. My place: thin crust, they don't allow more than 3 toppings and my go to is the Marmot (sweet/hot peppers, garlic and pepperoni). Her fav is Marcos EBA - everything but anchovies. Can't complain about Marcos, they have a great sauce (which they sell by the tub) but canned shrooms?!? She says they're fresh but I don't know....

I have to admit that on our recent trip to Denver, Blue Pan was excellent!!!! Cant even describe how awesome their Detroit Style Pizzas are. White pies... not so great but deep dish- yowser!