Tony Scott Is Dead

Tools    

Hundreds of people commit suicide by jumping off of bridges every year. It's a cliche
Exactly. That's why I think it's totally ridiculous.

Powdered Water, how would you kill yourself? I gave you neg rep for the first part of your post, by the way
I won't. I am going to be here forever until everyone agrees with everything I say.

I'm not sure if it was selfish or not, nobody else knows what his mindset was, it looks like it was a lose-lose situation. And I wouldn't call him a coward either. I think it takes a lot of balls to leap to your death.

RIP Tiny Scott-Thanks for my 2nd favorite film, and many others.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
No this is about someone who took his own life leaving his family and friends behind. Sorry if I am not so understanding. What soap box? I am just making an observation. Sorry if it offends anyone. But get over it. This is a public forum.
That doesn't mean it's appropriate to dog someone out on a thread obviously meant to be a tribute just because you have issues with the way he died. It's perfectly fine to keep some observations to one's self.

Damn it Flim I was actually kinda starting to like you even after the whole religion thing. Who are you to judge you thought about it yourself. I actually used to think like you for different reasons but that's how I used to think. But I knew my timing. To call him a coward this soon is just a dick move. I'm fine with you sharing your ideologies but don't have to make it a personal thing. You dont know his reasons, maybe once a few facts are out you can start your usual "I'm right, I don't need any facts to support it" contradictory stuff again.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Denzel Washington has worked with Tony Scott on many films: Crimson Tide, Déjà Vu, Man on Fire, The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 and Unstoppable.

"Tony Scott was a great director, a genuine friend and it is unfathomable to think that he is now gone. He had a tremendous passion for life and for the art of filmmaking and was able to share this passion with all of us through his cinematic brilliance. My family sends their prayers and deepest condolences to the entire Scott family."

Suspect's Reviews

Just been reading up on some of the posts on here.

It's quite shocking to me that people can be so heartless and quick to jump to unfounded comments, saying that people who commit suicide are thoughtless and self centered, care little for their families and loved ones, even that they have little thought for their fans.

Yes, it's very easy to throw accusations of arrogance and ignorance at a person for their actions, but look at it from their point of view for at least half a second. Whatever the reason for Scott's suicide, he was obviously in pain. Whether physical or mental, it doesn't matter... the fact is, he was obviously fighting something and had reached the end of his tolerance.
Many who throw accusations around obviously have never been there, or say they have but genuinely have never been that far down the road and have little understanding of what goes on inside the mind of a tortured person.

I will agree to an extent, suicide and suicidal thoughts can be misread as self centered, usually by the ignorant... however after a long enough time facing whatever demon you're fighting, all thoughts of anything around you go out the window... all you can think of is escaping the pain, all you can think of is getting yourself away from the torment.
Is it really a self centered act to want the pain to stop?

I have been there myself and thought about suicide several times and in many ways I'm still going through it, and though I never went through with suicide I can a least understand that Tony Scott had been fighting something incredibly powerful and it was enough for him to do what he did.
It's a sad state of affairs and I feel for his family and those close to him but most importantly, I feel for him and hope he has found peace from whatever demon was killing him inside.

Maybe we'll never know what he was going through, maybe we will, but until then at least show some god*mned respect for a guy who had obviously been through hell.
And also a guy who gave movie fans like myself, some of the finest movies I have seen.

I'll say again, Rest In Peace Tony Scott.

And now his wife's saying he didn't have cancer
Wouldn't surprise me at all. They don't bother with silly little things like confirmation any more. I was going to bring it up when it was first posted, but I thought there might still be a chance that some people might stop their own personal crap and leave the thread.

Such a Tragedy. Especially for the family left behind.

RIP Tony

Powdered Water, how would you kill yourself? I gave you neg rep for the first part of your post, by the way

wow.......why the f#@% would you ask anyone that question? and who really cares who neg repped who? it is what it is, dont be so proud of yourself

All the whining and bs aside, he did amazing work, the world lost a creative and talented man...It is sad for his family to have to go through such a horrific situation regardless of how it happened

R.I.P

First I've heard of this, very sad.

Especially like The Hunger, and True Romance.

R.I.P. Tony.

I can only begin to try and understand the depths of despair that drove you to take your own life, and I hope you have found peace.

My condolences to your family and friends.

Incidentally I think some of the heartless comments in this thread are shameful.

Considering what's been said, I thought twice about posting this, but I'll do it anyway and apologise to anyone who thinks it's in the wrong place.

Tony Scott death ‘caught on camera’

Tony Scott’s last moments have been caught on camera, according to reports.

Gossip site TMZ reports that Tony Scott's fatal leap off a bridge in L.A. was photographed by witnesses with one featuring the late director just before he began to jump.

The blog also revealed that the images are being shopped around to various press outlets for a huge sum.

A number of people claim to have photographs and video footage of the ‘Top Gun’ director’s suicide. A nearby business’ surveillance camera also recorded the event.

Tony Scott jumped to his death on Sunday afternoon, resulting in speculation over the reasons behind the event. Scott is survived by his wife Donna W. Scott and two children.
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/tony-scot...on-camera.html

May he rest in peace.

And there's people in here who think this is a selfish act? Trolling?

If serious, how about you tell that to his family and friends and watch their reactions. You'll be lucky to get out alive. A man has died out of his own free will and when he has full control over his mind and body, he can make that decision.

he blog also revealed that the images are being shopped around to various press outlets for a huge sum.
vomit
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

^^Yes, that's the reason I posted the article.^^

While I wouldn't make it illegal or anything, I would hope that those who know the person would be quick to tell them how disgusting what they're doing is.

Oh, please! Look, I'm fine with him committing suicide, but he did do it in public and we live with cameras everywhere. Sell those pictures, I say. If it was a bigger, A-list celebrity doing it (Tony Scott, in my opinion, was NOT a huge celebrity - I didn't know who the hell he was.) Anyway, the National Enquirer would put the death jump pictures on the front page if it had been Tom Cruise or Katie Holmes or someone else of that caliber. He did it in public and he was famous. I would probably want to turn my suicide jump into a Pay-Per-View event.