Best Dicaprio Performance?

Tools    

I think it's absolutely deplorable that Leonardo DiCaprio didn't get an Oscar for his portrayal of Arnie in What's Eating Gilbert Grape, especially when you consider how Jared Leto got an Oscar for something like Rayon in Dallas Buyers Club.

Now, I love Rayon... but Leo's performance at Arnie was LEAPS AND BOUNDS way ahead/better than Jared Leto as Rayon. I know they came out different years, but if Jared could get an Oscar for that, Leo should have got an Oscar for Arnie.

I was trying to watch J. Edgar last night but kept nodding off from the boredom. DiCaprio did well as the character but the whole thing could have been cut/edited better IMO.

I love J. Edgar.

Heard bad things about it before I saw it, but I ended up adoring it.

Just saw catch me if you can and i loved Dicaprio in it. I'm a little dissapointed he didn't get an oscar nom for this one as i felt the five nominations he has were not really that oscar worthy.

Wolf of Wall Street is easily his best performance for me

Catch Me If You Can. I adore that movie and he didn't get the award recognition for that movie like he should have.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

I liked him best in departed aand inception

I'll go with Wolf as his best, too. Perfect use of his looks and charisma, plus it was such a revelation for me to see his skills as a physical comedian in that role. Who knew?

1. The Wolf of Wall Street
2. The Aviator
3. Catch Me If You Can
4. Django Unchained
5. Revolutionary Road
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The Aviator, haven't seen his most recent movie though.

Interestingly, I think that he wasn't considered a good actor about 15 years ago, or that's because he looked like a little girl?

I tried to watch Marvin's Room the other night and I ended up not feeling too interested and shut it off. Maybe I'll try again later.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
I'd have to go with The Wolf Of Wall Street, or The Departed.

In my opinion , I go with Blood Diamond this movie is a Masterpiece and Dicaprio performance is just simply incredible very good casting by the way .

I may be biased since DiCaprio is one of my favorites, but he's got an exceptional performance in ALMOST every movie he makes. He rarely really disappointed me and he's pretty much deserving of at least an Oscar lmao but we've been over this..

I'd say he was really good in Wolf of Wall Street, Catch me if you can, Shutter Island & Django and well the rest as well.

I haven't seen What's Eating Gilbert's Grape but according to this thread I should check it out.

He rarely really disappointed me
When has he disappointed you?

I've seen a few of his movies that haven't cared for (Romeo + Juliet, J. Edgar, Total Eclipse), but I've never seen a DiCaprio performance that I didn't like.

When has he disappointed you?

I've seen a few of his movies that haven't cared for (Romeo + Juliet, J. Edgar, Total Eclipse), but I've never seen a DiCaprio performance that I didn't like.

I love Woody and I love Leo but Celebrity didn't really excite me. I think it was just disappointing since a combination of those two working together could have turned out so much better.

I love Woody and I love Leo but Celebrity didn't really excite me. I think it was just disappointing since a combination of those two working together could have turned out so much better.
I liked Celebrity and thought Leo's bit was one fo the best moments in it, actually. It's a shame you didn't enjoy it (but you're certainly not the only one).

It's difficult to answer this question. I could say "The Departed", "The Aviator" or "Revolutionary Road". I have to say that I've not seen "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?".

DiCaprio has given much cheers to movie lovers and I expect him to surpass himself even more.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
I don't like DiCaprio.
Doesn't mean I don't think he is really good actor.
It's just something
Anyway his best character (to me) Diango Unchained