Ozark

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Like I said. I couldn't get into Breaking Bad. The first 30 minutes were boring, so I stopped watching it.
I am a little confused. I don't know if you are a boy or a girl but it does not really matter; you should know what sexy means.
Linney certainly is not sexy, at least to me, physically nor the way she moves and behaves.
If I was the casting director, she would not have even made it to the audition. She is a fine actress but was cast against type for this role.
As I am reading the script, I all ready know what I am looking for and she is not it.
Granted, people differ in their tastes so this is just my own subjective view. A seductive adultress milf is integral to the story line and I just don't see that from her.
I'm neither a boy or a girl. I'm an adult, which should be pretty obvious because this show and BB are not exactly suitable for boys and girls, and you're right, I should know what sexy is although I never commented on her being sexy; that just seems like a very strange throwaway line. She's a middle aged mother of a teen and pre teen, dresses in frumpy clothes, going through a midlife crisis, sprung by her husband seeking intimacy with an older, dull lawyer who she wasnt in love with, not a young, hip super model, and trying to keep her kids alive. What part of that needs to be sexy, and a sexy milf to boot? It's probably a good thing you arent a casting agent though. Liz Hurley cant act. And not sure if you've read the whole thread but in one of my earliest posts I said I'm not even a fan of Linney usually. I just dont understand why you thought a sexy actress was integral to the story. Doesnt bother me if you dont like her or the character but your sexy angle I think is right off point.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I'm not sure what I think about this show, but I'll be watching the next season, for sure. Frankly, that first episode was SO dark, and I had no motivation to root for any of those characters. What got me to watch the second (and subsequent) episodes was solely Bateman.

It's still dark (which is where comparisons to BB fall short -- BB had genuinely silly moments in nearly every episode, even if it was a sort of dry, dark humor), but a lot of Ozark is just depressing or suffocating in its tension. And yet, I kept watching.

At first, many of the characters (especially the residents of the Ozarks) seemed like caricatures and stereotypes, which was another reason I wasn't inclined to love the show. Then they became more subtly nuanced and started to seem like real people. And yes, Marty's ability to weasel or talk his way out of anything is a glorious thing to behold and well worth watching the entire series for.

I have to agree with Des on the miscasting of Linney in this... and I *like* Linney, generally. In real life, she's about five years older than Bateman, but Bateman has this perpetual youthfulness about him that makes that age gap in the show seem a lot bigger. I think her *attitude* for this character is spot on -- especially the earlier episodes before they begin to work together a little bit. Whatever her reasons for cheating on Marty, *she* feels they're justified (he's working too much, apparently) and that shows. By the end of the season, what she does at the tail end of that last episode is surprising (I didn't really see it coming) but yet makes sense and vindicates her in a lot of ways.

I too think a slightly younger, more vibrant actress might have been a better choice, but I'm not willing to die on that hill.

I found I had to watch this at certain times of day when the darkness of it wasn't going to interfere with things like sleep. It is just so ominous nearly all the time that I found it tough to watch late at night, which is my preferred binge time.

Still, as I said, I'll be back for season 2.

It is very suffocating, and maybe I was too intense with it but I didnt catch any dark humour like in BB. I've been trying to persuade Yoda to check it out.

And nup, cant agree a younger vibrant actress would have worked for me. Made it all the more tragic that he shut her out in her older years which sent her to her older lover. I totally agree on the end scene, though.

As for stereotyping, I was actually going to ask why redneck chicks re always so cute, but her potty mouth and ghostly skin with dark shadows under them sort of takes away from the cuteness so I forgot about it. The gay reveal I really loved and thought it was done without steretopyes on either side.

Mr D is now halfway. He also thought the gay reveal was very well handled.

I'm neither a boy or a girl. I'm an adult, which should be pretty obvious because this show and BB are not exactly suitable for boys and girls, and you're right, I should know what sexy is although I never commented on her being sexy; that just seems like a very strange throwaway line. She's a middle aged mother of a teen and pre teen, dresses in frumpy clothes, going through a midlife crisis, sprung by her husband seeking intimacy with an older, dull lawyer who she wasnt in love with, not a young, hip super model, and trying to keep her kids alive. What part of that needs to be sexy, and a sexy milf to boot? It's probably a good thing you arent a casting agent though. Liz Hurley cant act. And not sure if you've read the whole thread but in one of my earliest posts I said I'm not even a fan of Linney usually. I just dont understand why you thought a sexy actress was integral to the story. Doesnt bother me if you dont like her or the character but your sexy angle I think is right off point.
Ok, so you are an adult. Still don't know if you are a man or woman. Maybe you just want to remain asexual and that's fine. Was just trying to figure out where you were coming from.
The sexuality is important in this TV Series because the lack of it between the two central characters underlines their discord.
If Wendy was sexier it would be easier to understand why he doesn't leave her arrogant ass.
Also, if they want to throw in sex scenes relevant to story line, the female should be sexy. I am a male so I enjoy seeing sexy females and not some frumpy middle age woman that leaves nothing to be desired when she takes her clothes off.
Take for example the TV Series The Americans. The female lead is a mother as well as a spy and killer but she is also sexy. I can relate to that.
Any way, every one has an opinion. Whether or not they agree is irrelevant, but we are here to voice ours, aren't we?

Ok, so you are an adult. Still don't know if you are a man or woman. Maybe you just want to remain asexual and that's fine. Was just trying to figure out where you were coming from.
The sexuality is important in this TV Series because the lack of it between the two central characters underlines their discord.
If Wendy was sexier it would be easier to understand why he doesn't leave her arrogant ass.
Also, if they want to throw in sex scenes relevant to story line, the female should be sexy. I am a male so I enjoy seeing sexy females and not some frumpy middle age woman that leaves nothing to be desired when she takes her clothes off.
Take for example the TV Series The Americans. The female lead is a mother as well as a spy and killer but she is also sexy. I can relate to that.
Any way, every one has an opinion. Whether or not they agree is irrelevant, but we are here to voice ours, aren't we?
Wut? My gender has nothing to do with it. And I didnt say you couldnt voice your opinion. I just completely disagree with you and voiced that. He didnt 'leave her arrogant ass' because he loves her and the children. Oh and she doesnt take her clothes off so no need to fear having your soul destroyed. As for The Americans - never seen it, dont care. This is not about whoever that character is.

Wut? My gender has nothing to do with it. And I didnt say you couldnt voice your opinion. I just completely disagree with you and voiced that. He didnt 'leave her arrogant ass' because he loves her and the children. Oh and she doesnt take her clothes off so no need to fear having your soul destroyed. As for The Americans - never seen it, dont care. This is not about whoever that character is.
So what is it about?

So what is it about?
Huh? Ozark is about Ozark, not some other show. I have no idea where this is going but looks like fun.

Meanwhile, back in Ozark...

Were we not talking about the relevance of sexuality to Wendy's character before you decided to sound all grown up and lost focus? It's all right. I'll just let you be.

Were we not talking about the relevance of sexuality to Wendy's character before you decided to sound all grown up and lost focus? It's all right. I'll just let you be.
LOL. Sexuality was never mentioned. You said she was badly cast because you dont think she's sexy. Maybe you should acquaint yourself with what sexy and sexuality mean. Thanks for letting me be. I'm so humbled by your approach.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Dani8 is aquokka. Period. They live on a plane beyond ourbmortslnunderstsndings .

Oh wait! I posted on page 2. Lol I know now!
LOL. I washed your mind along with my cartel moolah.

The gin helped.
Perms-press setting GO!! DAMN I gotta quote. Wait. Ok @smdani.
Do they drink gin on this show? I did not see any here

I gotta do it man. Mexico, s'all I'm sayin. Mic drop

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Esai Morales! from Bad Boys with Sean Penn! He looked familiar-- it was killing me

I love it. So damn intense, and Bateman's character is as cool as a cucumber. I'm not a huge fan of Linney but she's really good in this, and so are the kids. The redneck chic is also really good, and the big bad is awesome. Not sure if I've seen Esai Morales before.

Muy caliente.