His Dark Materials | HBO

Tools    

At least it's almost certainly better than the movie. Books are quite OK (or actually quite good for being YA). Hopefully they keep the anti-religion/church themes intact this time.

Liked the first episode quite a lot. Looks like this one is going to be way more faithful adaptation than the movie. Looked great and most the actors were good as well (Dafne Keen may not be as good Lyra as Dakota Blue Richards was but she'll do just fine).

Looks like I'm the only one watching this. After four episodes it's still pretty good and also quite faithful adaptation. Some things like the armored bears maybe don't work as well on screen as they do on a page but as a whole it's fine.

P.S. I'm still bothered by the fact that Kaisa (Serafina's daemon) is male in this. It's not the show's fault though as it was the same in the book as well but seriously, Kaisa is a woman's name.

You ready? You look ready.
I'm watching this and loving it, but I do miss Daniel Craig.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza