The Expanse

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Glad to hear you are digging the show! Not sure if you are aware, but the source material for the show is a series of books by James S.A. Corey, which is actually two people writing under the pen name. I have read all but the most recent one, which just came out within the last few months. So far, season 3 has been extremely faithful to the book that covers the same period of time in the story. I am excited to see the events that are just about to happen in the show, as I feel they will pull it all off really well.

New episode tonight!
I did NOT know! Makes total sense though, given how tight the plots have been.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

http://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3498...hope-not-lost/

"The third season of Syfy’s sci-fi series “The Expanse” only kicked off a month ago, but the network has announced today that the currently-airing season will be the last. The last episode of the series will air on Syfy this coming July.

The good news? Deadline reports that Alcon Television Group, which fully finances and produces the critically praised series, plans to shop it to other buyers.

They add, The cancellation decision by Syfy is said to be linked to the nature of its agreement for the series, which only gives the cable network first-run linear rights in the US. That puts an extraordinary amount of emphasis on live, linear viewing which is inherently challenging for sci-fi/genre series which tend to draw the lion share of their audiences from digital/streaming.

We respect Syfy’s decision to end this partnership but given the commercial and critical success of the show, we fully plan to pursue other opportunities for this terrific and original IP,” Alcon Entertainment co-founders and co-CEOs Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson said of the well-reviewed series."

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
First line of the article: "Amazon Studios is in talks to revive one of CEO Jeff Bezos' favorite properties."

Ha, damn those headlines.

Suspect's Reviews

A system of cells interlinked
Let's hope this happens!

One of the best science fiction programs currently on TV.

Were sending more gear out to the set for The Expanse. Maybe this means it has been officially saved? Don't quote me to the media though.

Damn I hope so man! That would make my week.

What exactly do you do for work, Suspect?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Damn I hope so man! That would make my week.

What exactly do you do for work, Suspect?

Sim International

I work out of the Lighting & Grip department in Toronto.

So we supply for The Expanse, Star Trek Discovery, Suits, Downsizing, 12 Monkeys, The Strain etc.

Lights, Grip Gear, Cable and Electrical Distribution, Cameras. I work in the cable department.

You ready? You look ready.
I’m happy it’s saved, but I’m unhapppy about who saved it: Jeff Bezos is dangerous.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

You ready? You look ready.
It’s almost here!!!

Hopefully I can get it all watched before my break starts. I need to be focused on my craft and that’s hard to do when TV this good is available.

I just hit play on The Expanse, Season 4, Episode ONE!!!!

Nanny nanny boo boo...

I got a chance to watch episodes 1 and 2, which were both top notch. Looks like it has retained the vibe of previous seasons, upped the budget, and now finally Avasarala can swear the way she does in the books. So far, this season is awesome. Looking forward to watching more!

Binged it this weekend. Stays on par with earlier seasons if just a bit smaller scale. I really enjoyed it and hope AMZ continues.

Binged it this weekend. Stays on par with earlier seasons if just a bit smaller scale. I really enjoyed it and hope AMZ continues.

Season 5 already confirmed!

Just finished season 4. There's nothing seriously wrong with it but still, it's the worst season this far. I've heard that the quality of books declines around this spot so maybe it's the source material itself. There were lots of little things that annoyed me and I don't remember faults like them from previous seasons (like Holden saying "look at me" to Amos who's almost killed himself after going blind and the three men boarding at the end). It's still at least close to good but I hope they polish the next season a bit better.

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
Since people are talking about it so much in the Shoutbox. I think we need a thread for it.