UK Riots

Tools    

Hey i was wondering if any of the riots have hit your city, liverpool got hit last night with cars getting burned out, smashed, pushed into the road, House windows smashed, doors kicked in, shops smashed and robbed, things are getting out of control down here.

I live in Birmingham where there's been some stuff "go down", as it were. They're just a bunch of idiots looking for an excuse to be violent and steal.
i know mate all are shops have closed and all are nightlife in the city center has closed..

This is happening in Manchester as I speak. Around 200 masked hoodies have split into groups of around five or six and are looting Market street and Deansgate. Absolute scum the lot of them.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I don't mean to sound like a complete out of touch idiot, but what are these riots about, I mean there has to be something that started them. A few days ago I saw something on the news about a man who was murdered in London i believe, and there were riots going on then, is this the same thing???

I don't mean to sound like a complete out of touch idiot, but what are these riots about, I mean there has to be something that started them. A few days ago I saw something on the news about a man who was murdered in London i believe, and there were riots going on then, is this the same thing???
They are saying that it was the shooting of a man in London by police that they are rioting about. The man was shooting at the police, I think (don't quote me), so even if there were a reason behind this violence other than to loot and generally be complete and utter retards it would be a stupid one anyway. An excuse for these people to show their true, scummy colours is all this is.

Who in here is in favor of the police shooting rubber bullets at these rioters? The friendly way in which your bobbies are going about these guys doesn't seem to be effective.

There was a protest on Saturday afternoon organised by the family of the man shot on Thursday afternoon by police. They had no confidence in the police investigation into his killing (I didn't hear why, though I've heard he was both a drug and gun dealer. However, I don't know if either is true) and wanted assurances that it would be handled properly. This protest was peaceful and there wasn't any trouble at all.

This shooting was the reason given for the violence on Saturday night and there may've been some truth in that. There's certainly a lot of anger towards the police in that particular area of London. But then, there has been for as long as I can remember. However, even on the Saturday night there's no doubt that people came in from further out just to cause trouble and loot shops.

Sunday, Monday and tonight is just about stealing, being violent and causing trouble. That's it. There's no 'cause' or 'protest'. They're just lazy, feckless, ill disciplined, bored, loutish scum about whom I wouldn't shed a single tear were they all machine gunned where they stand. In fact, we'd save the country a fortune were that done. Were it not that this'd set a precedent and you couldn't trust the police or any Government not to use this against more principled and peaceful protests, I'd be demanding it.

We've an entire generational underclass of these people. I don't think it's a coincidence that JD Sports was the first shop looted on Saturday night. There's plenty of CCTV of these people, but I'm guessing that if you went back through episodes of Jeremy Kyle, you'd find a good number of them.

The People's Republic of Clogher
They've been rioting in either cities where I've lived or places where I have a big emotional attachment.

Interesting that Hugh Orde is one of the police who have been most high-profile in the last few days as he was chief of the PSNI for a number of years. He says that baton rounds would be totally disproportionate force and I tend to agree.

If rioters were charging the police then ok, but not right now...

Water cannon might be the way to go but experts say it wouldn't be effective in this situation with lots of bystanders. It works fine in our yearly riots but they tend to take the form of a large crowd directly confronting the police.

Yeah there have been some where I live. I'm getting ready to defend my flat

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by Brodinski
Who in here is in favor of the police shooting rubber bullets at these rioters? The friendly way in which your bobbies are going about these guys doesn't seem to be effective.
They've got free reign to use em, but I guess they might be trying to stay off the 'shooting' for a bit? Or maybe they don't feel sub-arson criminal damage warrants it? Dunno. Seems like they getting a kinda of handle on things now, via mass presence.

Originally Posted by akatemple
My handle on it is:

The peaceful-turned-molotovy happenings in Tottenham over the police shooting are just the spark on dry tinder.

Anti-terrorism stop and search has prolonged racial profiling when it might otherwise reduced. That's kept tensions with the police boiling over in certain areas.

Everything else is down to the recession I reckon. No work, cutbacks in 'keep disenfranchised kids off the streets' social measures, and an overt chance to let off steam, stick two fingers up and the cops, and nick some sh*t. Some people and areas just couldn't resist.

I've gone through the wall of trying to keep tabs on the detail for now tho, (and beyond being thankful I wasn't in any of my occasional haunts that got a bit of a torching). and I'm just wallowing in middle class parody

They should have been using the rubber bullets from the absolute start! Not the fault of the police on the street, bless them, but the idiots higher up giving the orders for observe and stand(whatever it is) instead... urgh. And no, I don't care about disproportionate force, you see a group of yobs trying to set fire to peoples' homes and businesses, you shoot them with these special bullets.

Oh look, it's spread... There is no fear of the police in this country unfortunately.

I'm near Manchester and the morons hit it. And the area where I am too but not so bad fortunately, so far some of the supermarkets in my area have had attempts on their windows but nothing else so far and hope it stays like that.

It's once again another time this area of Manchester is going to have to be repaired, if it's not a bomb(1996 this happened) damaging the area, it's a minority of complete scum who have found an excuse to cause violence and steal. Same for London of course, so recently too.

How sad, three men were killed trying to defend their business from looters, run over by a car apparently.

^ What's lovely to see, a lot of people are coming out to volunteer their time to help clear up streets, shops and so on. And shops on those streets that can are giving them coffee and food while they are helping to clean up. People on Twitter/Facebook are fighting back and starting groups to organise clean ups and so on.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
There was a protest on Saturday afternoon organised by the family of the man shot on Thursday afternoon by police. They had no confidence in the police investigation into his killing (I didn't hear why, though I've heard he was both a drug and gun dealer. However, I don't know if either is true) and wanted assurances that it would be handled properly. This protest was peaceful and there wasn't any trouble at all.

This shooting was the reason given for the violence on Saturday night and there may've been some truth in that. There's certainly a lot of anger towards the police in that particular area of London. But then, there has been for as long as I can remember. However, even on the Saturday night there's no doubt that people came in from further out just to cause trouble and loot shops.

Sunday, Monday and tonight is just about stealing, being violent and causing trouble. That's it. There's no 'cause' or 'protest'. They're just lazy, feckless, ill disciplined, bored, loutish scum about whom I wouldn't shed a single tear were they all machine gunned where they stand. In fact, we'd save the country a fortune were that done. Were it not that this'd set a precedent and you couldn't trust the police or any Government not to use this against more principled and peaceful protests, I'd be demanding it.

We've an entire generational underclass of these people. I don't think it's a coincidence that JD Sports was the first shop looted on Saturday night. There's plenty of CCTV of these people, but I'm guessing that if you went back through episodes of Jeremy Kyle, you'd find a good number of them.
+1. Couldn't have said it better myself.

It makes me sick all the talk of "They don't have oppurtunities etc". Let me tell you if there were jobs in abundance these scum still wouldn't be living their lives any differently, becuase what employer in their right mind would give them a job. They are the feral underclass. To call them animals would be an insult to the animals everywhere.

They showed a video of a Manchester policeman clearly battering one of the little scumy chavs and apparantly an investigation is underway. Well I say Good! I hope the little scumbag got his face broken by the Policemans baton and required several trips to the Hospital/Dentist.

As you say above I would have applauded the Police if everyone entering and looting shops were literally shot dead on sight. They will never amount to anything and will be a constant drain on the countries finances by way of breeding/housing/jailing/benefits/court costs/social workers/policing costs.

Ive been saying many times in discussions with work colleagues/friends etc that I am glad I don't live in one of the big cities like London/Birmingham/Liverpool etc( I live in Carlisle). Don't get me wrong there are lots of fantastic people living there but these cities are literally overflowing with scummy breeding chavs as we have clearly seen this week.

God bless all those who came out to protect their homes/businesses etc and organised themselves into resistance against the scum. Hopefully we will see more of this kind of thing. Its no good to expect the Police/Government etc to solve all of our woe's. Lets get out and deal with the vermin ourselves.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
They should have been using the rubber bullets from the absolute start! Not the fault of the police on the street, bless them, but the idiots higher up giving the orders for observe and stand(whatever it is) instead... urgh. And no, I don't care about disproportionate force, you see a group of yobs trying to set fire to peoples' homes and businesses, you shoot them with these special bullets.

Oh look, it's spread... There is no fear of the police in this country unfortunately.

I'm near Manchester and the morons hit it. And the area where I am too but not so bad fortunately, so far some of the supermarkets in my area have had attempts on their windows but nothing else so far and hope it stays like that.

It's once again another time this area of Manchester is going to have to be repaired, if it's not a bomb(1996 this happened) damaging the area, it's a minority of complete scum who have found an excuse to cause violence and steal. Same for London of course, so recently too.

How sad, three men were killed trying to defend their business from looters, run over by a car apparently.
I think it happened at a bad time for the authorities. There is no permanant leadership in the MET, and they are in a crisis of confidence given the recent phone hacking/corruption scandals/G20 Ian Tomlinson lawsuit etc. Also the mayor and Government were all away on holiday. So this has meant that no one with the power to make the really big decisions was around on Sat/Sun/Mon. They have done the right thing though and come back from their holidays and seen order restored. The people directly affected will of course feel understandably angered by the "restrained" approach of the authorities on Sat/Sun/Mon.

If it hadn't been uttered by someone as off the planet as him, I may've been annoyed. Instead I just laughed.

Hulk Hogan: 'Hulkamania should stop the riots'

Hulk Hogan has said that it is time for young people in England to "change direction" after the recent rioting across the country.

The wrestler-turned-reality TV star told BBC Radio 5 Live that the disturbances were "headline news" in the US and that "it's the only thing people are talking about".

Hogan said: "I just heard what's going on in the streets, man, and I thought just maybe Hulkamania should run over there, start dropping legs, start hitting people with big boots and just stop the action.

"Let's rethink, brother, rethink this whole thing and get these kids together and change their thinking in a positive direction and break the cycle of this craziness of where they were raised and where they're at. "

He continued: "Everyone's got a story, which is 'So what?' but what now? That's what needs to be done. Change the direction of the youth over there.

"Everybody wants the kids to get back on track. It doesn't matter if Hulk Hogan's over there, body-slamming all the youth like I did Andre the Giant. But at the end of the day we need to grab these kids, shake 'em and say stop."

Hogan added: "Just regroup - look at yourself in the mirror and say, 'Is this what you want the mirror image of your life to be? Is this what you want your destiny to be?'

"Now it's time to change directions, even if the state has to step in and really focus on getting these kids back on track, brother, but you know what? I will do anything, because I love my UK Hulkamaniacs, brother."
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/...the-riots.html