Tim Burton and Jonny Depp to make DARK SHADOWS

Tools    

Watch this about what inspired Wonka! LOL!

Someone needs to put Burton down like a sick puppy, dried up hack. Depp is ruining himself with continued collaborations, as evidenced by his occasional turns in other films.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Someone needs to put Burton down like a sick puppy, dried up hack. Depp is ruining himself with continued collaborations, as evidenced by his occasional turns in other films.
Sweet lord that's harsh.

Indeed, but I kind of agree. He's completely lost his soul, now he's stuck in remakes and impersonal material. Burton was never a great storyteller, but his heart was always in the right place. With Dark Shadows and his recent work, however, it looks to be completely absent. It's pretty clear he doesn't care anymore, so neither do I.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
Frankenweenie looks like it might be decent.

I think he does care, you can tell from interviews with him and clips of him working that he cares about his films, even the later ones like Dark Shadows. I think to say he doesn't care is wrong.

I'm with Nausicaa. I think he cares too. I just think that he gets paid to do what he loves to do and has little interest in stretching himself as an 'artist'. If someone would pay me a fortune to do what I loved and hang out with my wife and best friends, I'd take them up on it as well.

Movie Forums Extra
I saw it, not a big fan. Johnny Depp is really good as always but the rest was blah..

Semper Fooey

Ina
I love Tim Burton's movies and I love Johnny Deep as an actor but this time I fell disappointed. The beginning was okay but the I felt like someone has no idea what should be next and what can be funny.. The last fight with the whole family with the wolf matters, the orphan - too much for me.