Matt Damon QUITS the Bourne Franchise

Tools    

Big Chico's Movie Blog
Universal studios must feel like it went do the wrong alley got mugged and kicked in the sack! Matt Damon announced he will be quitting the Bourne franchise because of the loss of Director Paul Greengrass.

Greengrass quit with this statement: “You won’t find a more devoted supporter of the Bourne franchise than me. I will always be grateful to have been the caretaker to Jason Bourne over the course of The Bourne Supremacy and The Bourne Ultimatum. I’m very proud of those films and feel they express everything I most passionately believe about the possibility of making quality movies in the mainstream.”

“My decision to not return a third time as director is simply about feeling the call for a different challenge. There’s been no disagreement with Universal Pictures. The opportunity to work with the Bourne family again is a difficult thing to pass up, but we have discussed this together and they have been incredibly understanding and supportive. I’ve been lucky enough to have made four films for Universal, and our relationship continues. Jason Bourne existed before me and will continue, and I hope to remain involved in some capacity as the series moves on.”

Whatever, you know there is always something not being said in the press, but back to Damon. While being interviewed for his role in “Invictus” he had this to say, “I’ll just wait for him and when [Greengrass] wants to do one, we’ll do It.”, “It’s Greengrass or no Bourne?” When asked if he see a future for the Bourne movies, “Yeah, I’ve always said that, but I think it’ll happen down the road. We just don’t have a script yet.”

I love the Bourne movies, but this probably a good thing. When most big movie like Bourne comes out you hear all kinds of buzz about it, but with this one the buzz has been negative from the start. When and if this movie comes out I want the news to be big and energized. Matt Damon is one of the few actors that could have brought Jason Bourne to life. I think as Bourne fans we deserve the best movie possible, but you know what’s happening in Hollywood as we speak. Executive one look at executive two and says “hey, why don’t we pull a James Bond and recast the lead, hell let’s get McG to direct it and reboot the whole franchise.”

I’m just glad to see a little loyalty left in the world. Good for Matt Damon!

Well, now Damon will have the space to explore more characters. I bet we're going to see Christian Bale or Sam Worthington take on Bourne now.

See the trailer here:

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
IMO this is a good thing just leave it alone.

Alot of people could play Jason Bourne. Simply find a clean cut sort that can act. Having said that theyd probably cast Keanu Reeves.

I thought it was over anyway.

But hell, I'll say it...I still prefer the original film to Greengrass' ones (even though I like them too).