New “Chronicles of Riddick” movie coming

Tools    

Big Chico's Movie Blog
I have a joke for you. What do you call an acting career that keeps on trucking even thou the critics do everything in their power to stop it? Give up? It’s a Vin Diesel. HAHAHA, sorry I couldn’t think of any really good jokes that end in Vin Diesel.
Any who, there is some fantastic news today about the next “Chronicles of Riddick” movie. According to Vin Diesels face book page, "the Riddick team is in New Zealand location scouting already… that's exciting."
Yes, the next installment is ready to go. I haven’t heard what the story is going to be about but if he is still the leader of the necromongers it should be epic. I thought critics were too harsh when reviewing “Chronicles of Riddick”. It had everything an action junky could want blood, cool weapons, awesome villains, mega action, good story, terrific effect and one slick $#!+ killer (quote from the movie) Vin Diesel.
If there scouting locales now; we will probably get the finished movie in time for Halloween next year baring some misstep. The movie is being produced by Universal and we all know the problems there having with an even more lucrative franchise The Bourne movies, so hopefully we won’t have the same problems with Riddick.

Originally Posted by Jrs' Sequel Buzz Thread

New Updates from David Twohy on Another Riddick Movie

Last summer, Vin Diesel promised that we'd see more Chronicles of Riddick movies sometime in the near future. We didn't hear anything until this March, when Diesel spoke again about the status, saying that a third film was "underway" and he was just waiting on a new script from writer/director David Twohy. Well, good news Riddick fans, as ShockTillYouDrop finally caught up with Twohy (he's out promoting his latest film, A Perfect Getaway) and got an interesting update on Riddick from him. "The third movie would be more modestly-scaled and it would probably feel more like Pitch Black then Chronicles," he revealed.

As for whether or not we will actually see another Riddick movie anytime soon, it sounds like Twohy and Diesel are still trying to work out budgeting issues with Universal before moving forward. As he explains:

"I've sketched out two ideas for the next installment," Twohy explained. "Vin and I have decided on one approach of those two, and there's some interest at the studio level but it would be as a PG-13 film, and we don't want to do that anymore. That's one of the concessions we thought we made with 'Riddick' that we shouldn't have made. We also spent too much money and we were too ambitions, so yes, if we do go back to a third one, it will be focused again, hopefully again the same way that 'Pitch Black' was, and we'll spend less money doing it. We're just trying to figure out how much less we can do it for, because I don't think Vin is going to work for scale again."
Source: FirstShowing.net

You ready? You look ready.
Dude, Vin Diesel is actually a damn fine actor...he's just made some poor role decisions. However, Riddick ain't one of them. I'm a huge fan of this franchise, and Diesel was essentially preordained by the gods to play Riddick. When he was born they did not say, "You will play Riddick." Instead, they said, "You will BE Riddick."

The same thing can be said about Bourne and Matt Damon, and I'm not sure what problems you're speaking of when you refer to Universal and their Bourne franchise. It was/is a huge success.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Big Chico's Movie Blog
Dude, Vin Diesel is actually a damn fine actor...he's just made some poor role decisions. However, Riddick ain't one of them. I'm a huge fan of this franchise, and Diesel was essentially preordained by the gods to play Riddick. When he was born they did not say, "You will play Riddick." Instead, they said, "You will BE Riddick."

The same thing can be said about Bourne and Matt Damon, and I'm not sure what problems you're speaking of when you refer to Universal and their Bourne franchise. It was/is a huge success.
The problem with the Bourne new Bourne movie is the director of the last 3 up and quit. I love the Bourne movies but with out the director to keep the same type of movie we've become acustom to is a problem.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I copletely agree with John, Riddick is a great charactor and Diesel was born to play the role. Im looking forward to seeing this movie

that's the first time i heard about this!! chronicles of riddick was probably one of the most underrated action movies in the last decade. way better than the predecessor, i think it was called pitch black...can't wait for a third installment!

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
that's the first time i heard about this!! chronicles of riddick was probably one of the most underrated action movies in the last decade. way better than the predecessor, i think it was called pitch black...can't wait for a third installment!
It is a very underrated movie I totally agree with you there

Early ‘Riddick 3′ Concept Art

Action star Vin Diesel has been going against the tide with the way he updates people on his movie projects, by opting use to Facebook instead of the now-popular Twitter. His latest update on the third Riddick film – which has a tentative title of simply Riddick – is some early concept art.

The confirmation of Riddick 3 came in February and right now the project is in pre-production with a tentative shooting start date of sometime later this year. Supposedly the third film will be more Pitch Black than Chronicles of Riddick (thank god!) and we even learned recently what the plot will roughly be).

Here’s what we know:

“Riddick” delivers on both counts. Though billed as a back-to-basics approach to the character popularized by Diesel, the script features the character — the most wanted man in the galaxy — left for dead on a barren alien planet, dealing with “trisons” (three-legged bisons) and “mud demons.” He must then contend with two squads of bounty hunters, one of which ride rockets called jetcycles.
Sounds like the right back-to-basics plot Riddick needs, the kind that focuses more on the actual titular character and less on the world that surrounds him (one of the many, many, problems The Chronicles of Riddick had).

Check out the cool early concept art, which appears to show Riddick losing a battle with one of those “mud demons” mentioned in the plot description above. Below it we’ve also included the Facebook message Diesel left:

Early Riddick concept art… first frame of a 2D Motion Choreography Study.

Grrrr…

The Furian… left for dead…

p.s. Being involved in the various preproduction engines, I am afforded an education that is priceless. I have always been a fan of internships as a way of education. When Steven Spielberg hired me for ‘Ryan, the running joke was, that I would have come to set to just get him coffee… haha, he didn’t have to write a role for me – it was an amazingly educational experience.
Riddick will supposedly start filming sometime later this year and you can expect a 2011 release (although nothing has actually been set).

Source: Screenrant

Vin Disel is my favorite guilty pleasure.....

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Dead Man Stalking, seriously?

I love the first film and dug the second, it took the character and striped the sci/fi horror approach and made him into a sci/fi action star.

I'll check this one out.

Suspect's Reviews