The Dark Knight Rises

Tools    

Rule Britannia....
March 10, 2010
Christopher Nolan has spoken!

That's right, the man behind Inception, The Prestige and Memento has finally broken his silence about his upcoming super hero jobs.

You might remember that we reported David Goyer's new job as the scribe of the new Superman flick that will proceed forward under the Dumbledore-like gaze of Nolan. Also, not that he's jinxing himself by saying it, but his next project is the sequel to The Dark Knight.

But first, the super man:

“It’s very exciting, we have a fantastic story,” Christopher Nolan said while sipping tea in the sleek editing suite that fills the converted garage adjacent to his Hollywood home. “And we feel we can do it right. We know the milieu, if you will, we know the genre and how to get it done right.”

[...]
“[Goyer] basically told me, ‘I have this thought about how you would approach Superman,’” Nolan recalled. “I immediately got it, loved it and thought: That is a way of approaching the story I’ve never seen before that makes it incredibly exciting. I wanted to get [partner] Emma [Thomas] and I involved in shepherding the project right away and getting it to the studio and getting it going in an exciting way.”

Superman came about while Nolan and Goyer were talking...about the next Batman movie.

I've been having a few Twitter spats with journalists who are far more talented and respected than I am about what - if anything - has been written for the next Batman flick. I've been told by people believing what they are hearing that nothing had been written and that Nolan would move on after Inception was finished.

I was always of the opinion that David Goyer and Dark Knight co-writer Jonathan Nolan were spinning their wheels on pages and pages of possibilities so Nolan could spend July 19th (Inception's opening) reading a potential draft of his next project. I don't think it would be THE draft, but Nolan has a story in his head and it seems ridiculous that the director really expects to go through development with a strong personal touch.

I'm pretty sure what we get on screen with be exactly what Nolan wants, I just think that a Dark Knight sequel exists somewhere already and the story has been around since before Inception started lensing.

But, neither proving or disproving my theory, Nolan will only say that his brother is working on it:

And that third Batman film? Jonathan Nolan is “now doing the hard work” of writing the script based on the story by his sibling [sic] Goyer. “My brother is writing a script for me and we’ll wait to see how it turns out...he’s struggling to put it together into the epic story that you want it to be.”

I'm not sure what is up with the "Goyer" that looks to be wrongfully inserted, but I can tell you with certainty that Jonathan Nolan is Christopher Nolan's brother.

More about Bats that we can glean from this write-up? The villain will NOT be Mr. Freeze and the ending of the movie is...a real ending?

“I’m very excited about the end of the film, the conclusion, and what we’ve done with the characters,” Nolan said.“My brother has come up with some pretty exciting stuff. Unlike the comics, these thing don’t go on forever in film and viewing it as a story with an end is useful. Viewing it as an ending, that sets you very much on the right track about the appropriate conclusion and the essence of what tale we’re telling. And it hearkens back to that priority of trying to find the reality in these fantastic stories. That’s what we do.”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
source1 : http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/03/10...stopher-nolan/
source2 : http://www.latinoreview.com/news/nol...nd-batman-9420

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Where's that from Lugburz?

Maybe they're writing Superman and Batman at the same time and we will be getting Batman v. Superman...

Chris Nolan Talks Superman Reboot & Batman 3

There has been wildfire reporting about the upcoming DC superhero movies in the last few weeks, with the biggest bit of news being that The Dark Knight team of Chris Nolan, Jonathan Nolan and David Goyer will be bringing us the Superman reboot, which is currently titled The Man of Steel.

While (most) fanboys have been LOVING that news since it broke, people have also been wondering what’s to be done about Batman 3 and how Chris Nolan plans to juggle two superhero properties. Well, Nolan recently broke silence to speak about that very subject (and more), and we have details to share.

SUPERMAN REBOOT

Speaking to LA Times Hero Complex, Chris Nolan talked about the Superman reboot:

“It’s very exciting, we have a fantastic story…And we feel we can do it right. We know the milieu, if you will, we know the genre and how to get it done right…A lot of people have approached Superman in a lot of different ways. I only know the way that has worked for us…Each [film] serves to the internal logic of the story. They have nothing to do with each other.”
Apparently, Nolan’s passion for a Superman project arose from a moment when he and David Goyer were (ironically enough) kicking around ideas for Batman 3:

“[David] basically told me, ‘I have this thought about how you would approach Superman…I immediately got it, loved it and thought: That is a way of approaching the story I’ve never seen before that makes it incredibly exciting. I wanted to get Emma and I involved in shepherding the project right away and getting it to the studio and getting it going in an exciting way.”

So is that the route Nolan and Goyer are going with the story? The rumor mill has been hinting as much…unfortunately Nolan (in his usual fashion) isn’t giving up details. He also wouldn’t confirm the rumor that he is consulting on this Superman reboot as a way instilling DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. with the confidence to let Jonathan Nolan direct the film. And no mention of the rumor that Chris will direct a Justice League movie down the line. Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

BATMAN 3

From the information provided above, we know that the Nolans and Goyer are kicking around ideas for Batman 3 – but how far along are they? Says Nolan:

“My brother is writing a script for me and we’ll wait to see how it turns out…he’s struggling to put it together into the epic story that you want it to be…Without getting into specifics, the key thing that makes the third film a great possibility for us is that we want to finish our story…And in viewing it as the finishing of a story rather than infinitely blowing up the balloon and expanding the story.”

“Viewing it as an ending, that sets you very much on the right track about the appropriate conclusion and the essence of what tale we’re telling. And it hearkens back to that priority of trying to find the reality in these fantastic stories. That’s what we do.”
So there you have it. Other juicy bits of Superman reboot/Batman 3 info buried in the interview:
  • The Superman reboot is currently looking to get underway around 2012 – likely after Nolan has completed his work on Batman 3.
  • The supporting cast from the first two Batman films will be back for Batman 3.
  • No announcement of what Batman villains they’re playing with, although Nolan promises that Mr. Freeze is out of the question.

So there you have it – Nolan has officially established that he is indeed the “Godfather” of DC movie universe. Considering that Marvel has many of its prime properties currently in the wrong hands (Sony, Fox), while DC holds all of its properties and has the talents of guys like The Nolans, Goyer and Martin Campbell (Green Lantern) on their side… This next decade of the new millennium could be the one where DC/WB conquers the superhero movie genre. Marvel’s Avengers project suddenly has some serious contenders to clash with…

Oh well, it all works out great for us super hero movie fans!

Be sure to check out Hero Complex for more of this great interview with Chris Nolan.

Source: Screenrant

Michael Shannon as The Riddler!
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	the_runaways05.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	402.0 KB
ID:	6590  

Batman vs Superman is a good idea! But I don't know whos side i will be. I think batman is no match with superman though

Rule Britannia....
Is Sam Worthington Taking Over The Dark Knight from Christian Bale?

In a story from MovieDrop, with the unabashed success of Avatar, James Cameron is wielding extraordinary powers in the realm of cinema. Well get ready for his reach to extend far beyond his grasp and his creative prowess.

It appears that Cameron is being listened to by everybody lately and this includes The Dark Knight helmer Christopher Nolan. After The Dark Knight exploded in cinemas back in 2008, Nolan was being looked at for every high profile project imaginable. Well, with Cameron's record breaking Avatar taking over every box office record on the planet, Nolan is now in somewhat of a subordinate position to the groundbreaking director.

It seems that Cameron likes Sam Worthington to take on the role of the Caped Crusader. And surprisingly, Nolan is interested.

"After Avatar knocked off Titanic from the top spot, my secretary rang me and said, 'James Cameron is on the phone,' I thought it was one of my mates having a lark," Nolan laughs. "So it was Jimmy and he says, 'Are you thinking about Batman 3?' I was like 'Every day' and he says, 'I have two words for you... Sam Worthington."

Nolan admits that he was resistant to this recasting idea at first because Christian Bale, who has played Batman in both of the newer movies, is so recognized and popular as that character.

"I probably would've told anybody else to stop mucking about... but since it was Jim I started to think about it. From a purely physical standpoint it makes sense... Sam is a real force on screen."

Also factor in that Batman 3 will most likely be shot in 3D and it makes economic sense, Worthington was in Avatar so he isn't unfamiliar shooting in that format.

"Warner Bros., after they decided to turn Clash of the Titans into a 3D film, allowed me to do a screen test of the actors side by side in 3D."

The results?

"Sam Worthington just looks better in 3D." Nolan states.

He did say that as much as he likes Worthington this isn't a guarantee that he will unseat Bale. It just opens up the franchise to other options.

During a recent presser for Clash of the Titans when asked about future projects Worthington dropped this coyly worded hint about his involvement with Batman 3.

"I've got nothing in the offing... just testing on projects presently."

When we have more information about this we will be sure to report it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
source:http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEGXxIGMRtOuLH

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
There is no way Worthington is taking the place of Bale

definitely April fools.

There is no way Worthington is taking the place of Bale
Nope. Christian Bale is already set to play Batman/ Bruce Wayne anyway so that's kind of idiotic. . Gary Oldman is set to play Commissioner Gordon once more, as is Morgan Freeman is set to play Lucius Fox and Michael Caine is set to play Alfred.

No other characters or actors to play them are in play as of yet. Everything else is complete hogwash till Nolan officially announces it.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Nope. Christian Bale is already set to play Batman/ Bruce Wayne anyway so that's kind of idiotic. . Gary Oldman is set to play Commissioner Gordon once more, as is Morgan Freeman is set to play Lucius Fox and Michael Caine is set to play Alfred.

No other characters or actors to play them are in play as of yet. Everything else is complete hogwash till Nolan officially announces it.

Semper Fooey
I wish they would put some different Batman villains in the movie. If it's going to be the Riddler, excuse me if I yawn.

Rule Britannia....
the last update was definitely kinda April Fools, but this actually sounds like something serious, anyway here's a look at it:

BATMAN 3:Exclusive Secrets From An Inception Insider

It's incredible how we get such inside scoops into major productions happening in Hollywood. I'm not only pleased, but amazed that insiders seek us out just to provide us with intel. I don't know if it's because we are a reliable information source or the fact that we're still an underdog and insiders want to see us come out on top. Whatever the reason, I'm grateful. While Kellvin is away on vacation he asked me to post an exclusive interview that was conducted with an insider involved in Christopher Nolan's latest production Inception. In part two of the interview, which will go live tomorrow, the informant reveals a little about that film, but the real news is the insight he provides into Nolan's plans for the third Batman film and the latest Superman reboot.

What can you tell us about the title of the next Batman film?

I've heard rumblings about titles like 'The Caped Crusader', 'Gotham Knights' and even 'Batman Triumphant' which has been floating around for many years. I honestly don't know, because the Nolans (Chris and Jonathan) and David Goyer remain undecided, but it does appear they are looking to once again incorporate the name Batman into the title. Apparently this film is about reestablishing the caped crusader as a hero to the citizens of Gotham.

Yeah, but how are they going to do that? At the end of The Dark Knight, Batman became a wanted fugitive for the crimes of Harvey Dent.

It's going to come out that Dent was behind the murders which occurred in the last film and the main villain of this new movie is behind the release of that info.

The main villain? Is there going to be more than one?

There's going to be several, but the Nolans want to get it right, they don't want a rogue's gallery that will confuse the audience. Chris Nolan and Leonardo DiCaprio were talking on set about how they were big fans of the Hush storyline in the comics, but if they were to incorporate the character he wouldn't dominate the film. Nolan knows that he will never be able to top Heath Ledger's Joker and he's not even going to try. It seems like the idea is to overwhelm Batman with so many criminals that he and Bruce Wayne will be near exhaustion. The idea is to have the story take place over several weeks where Bruce Wayne will be suffering from intense sleep deprivation.

So do you see DiCaprio as Hush?

I doubt it, because DiCaprio would be crazy to play second fiddle in a film like this where his character is basically masked. Actually Nolan said Hugh Jackman was interested, but that may not happen either. Then there's others like the Riddler and Cluemaster I think. They might actually merge those two characters.

So who would play the Riddler? Johnny Depp?

No. That would be nice, but they're actually looking at Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who is in Inception. There were rumors of him playing the Joker, but Nolan would never attempt to replace Heath. He said what they might do is show an imprisoned Joker in shadow in Arkham Asylum. Batman comes there to get some info from Scarecrow and is taunted by Joker when he passes his cell. It would actually be Heath's voice taken from unused line readings on set from Dark Knight. Probably a sentence or two, but enough to push Batman's buttons. Then they also might use Penguin or Black Mask to head up what's left of the mob. It may have looked like Sal Moroni died in Dark Knight, but Eric Roberts is said to be coming back as well.

What about Catwoman? Is she in it. Do they want Angelina Jolie?

She actually starts off the story, working for the mob to pull off the theft of a lost family heirloom for Penguin and Batman is impressed he can't catch her. When he's faced with the task of taking down all these criminals, she actually comes to his aid after he saves her life. Apparently, she is the love interest now that Rachel Dawes is dead and connects with both Bruce and Batman. It's gonna be the first time we see a tender and vulnerable side of Batman because even though she's a criminal, he slowly realizes he's falling for her. Bruce Wayne has begun to accept that his role as Batman is a lifetime job and he's found someone who truly understands him. From what I heard, Kate Beckinsale's name has come up, but they are seriously looking at Emily Blunt after her work in Wolfman.

Any more you could share about the mob angle? Is it just Maroni or...

Either Oswald Cobblepot aka The Penguin or Black Mask will come into play. If they go with Cobblepot, he won't flat out be the Penguin like Burgess Meredith or Danny DeVito, that's just supposed to be a nickname that stuck. It's gonna be somewhat like mobster Ben Siegel who hated being called Bugsy. Ray Winstone is a guy that Nolan has always wanted to work with and was actually unavailable for a role in Inception. I think he might work, but I don't know who they would cast as Black Mask if they chose him.

Besides Maroni and Cobblepot, the people from Gambol's (Michael Jai White) organization want revenge too. Supposedly he has a brother that's going to come in from the East Coast to shake things up. He's actually a former mobster that's gone almost 100 percent legit and wants Maroni dead for unleashing the Joker upon Gambol. Supposedly he makes a deal with Batman to get him information that will get Maroni out of the picture. It's a nice subplot, but I can't get over that Nolan is looking at Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson for the role. Apparently, Nolan is good friends with Jim Sheridan who directed Get Rich or Die Tryin who speaks very highly of 50 Cent.

So Nolan said the ending would bring things full circle and be a real ending to the story. Is that true, do you know anything about it?

Obviously Warner Bros. is not gonna let him give this film a definitive ending. Chris actually said he was playing with the idea of ending the third film with a cliffhanger. The city will embrace Batman again because the main villain plays one last hand by destroying Arkham, releasing every major criminal including the Joker. Batman is not going to be worried, because by the end of the film he's accepted his destiny and knows he will succeed with the help of Gordon, Alfred, Lucius Fox and maybe even Catwoman. It's not gonna be a real cliffhanger in the sense that you know he's Batman and will prevail long after the credits are over. Chris has many other project in mind, including doing a proper version of The Prisoner, but he and Bale have discussed the possibility of doing a story in the vein of The Dark Knight Returns in another ten to fifteen years. I think Warners will let him have his way. They're pushing him to go with 3-D but its more than likely that he'll get to shoot it entirely in IMAX this time like he wanted to with Dark Knight.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
source:http://www.latinoreview.com/news/batman-3-superman-exclusive-secrets-from-an-inception-insider-9612