Blind Side Review

→ in
Tools    

Big Chico's Movie Blog
The Synopsis: Sandra Bullock plays a real life, determined and well-to-do white southern woman, Leigh Anne Tuohy, who convinces her husband (Tim McGraw) to take in Michael Oher, a homeless, young, black classmate of her daughter. The family later “adopts” him and nurtures him on the path to a successful high school football career. As he becomes a part of the family, complications arise and his promising college prospects are almost derailed by his lack of education. Tuohy hires a warm-hearted tutor (Kathy Bates) to help him along and the path is set for what eventually turns out to be a creation of a great All-American pro football star.

One of the great things I love about the movie is the bond that develops between two people from the other side of the tracks, Leigh Anne Tuohy and Michael Oher. One of the great lines in the movie is a friend was saying that Leigh Anne was “changing that young boys life”. She looks at her and says, “No, actually he’s changing mine”. She teaches him about unconditional love and being non judgmental based on what you see on the outside.

Michael Oher is played by actor, Quinton Aaron, who plays a docile, mute, tender eyes character perfectly. Even though he had an awful life, he shows no sign of anger he just wants to move on and forget.

There is some comedy in the movie played by the youngest son in the family, S.J., who is Michael’s mentor and friend. The scene where they duet to “Bust a Move” is quite funny.

I knew Blind Side was going to pull at my heart strings but it did more than that, it inspired me. I walked away asking myself what I could do to help inspire someone that is underprivileged and make a difference. This movie did more than entertain, this took the next step and made you think.

Overall, I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars due to the movie being a little slow in the beginning and a tad schmaltzy. I believe everyone should see this movie to be inspired and relax with an overall feel good movie.

I loved this movie, I thought Michael was a great kid and Sandra Bullock was a good role model. She was hilarious, but many of the characters swore and did drugs, which probably wasn't appropriate for my 8 year old sister (who came to see it).

Nice review... I never did get a chance to see it in the theater but will check it out on DVD as soon as it's released...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)