Lets Talk Football

Tools    

Congrats! It was shown over here but I forgot. In a bad year, beating the other lot feels even better, doesn't it?

The top 4 play each other on Sunday, so as long as we win tomorrow, we should make up some ground on 4th place. Still a third of the season to go.

We may be down but still managed to beat benfica in their own stadium!!!! Fuc* yeah!!!
Aboubakar looks to be a decent player. How has he been doing this season?

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
We may be down but still managed to beat benfica in their own stadium!!!! Fuc* yeah!!!
Aboubakar looks to be a decent player. How has he been doing this season?
I like Abou very much! He only has a problem: he's a very emotional player so he's a beast when motivated, but a complete 0 when he's not! He started the season pretty well but then went to a period where he'd miss the most easy goals you could ever imagine (GK on the floor, ball 50cm away from the goal line, he still managed to miss. At least twice). He's been improving in the last month with this new manager so let's hope he'll keep it that way!

But Casillas did the best match of the season! It looked like he was 25 again!

Well, that sucked. The worst of it is that Sunderland deserved to win. What can you do with that? Bring on the next game.

Rumours yesterday about Mourinho not going to United. How much, if any, truth there is in it I don't know. But if there's nothing in place and we miss out on him then Woodward has to go. He's been a big part of the problem since Fergie and Gill left (not that it's all down to him, of course) and if his incompetence/inability to make a decision costs us Mourinho that'll probably be another season lost before it even starts. United really do need to grow up and decide what club they want to be.

Great win for Spurs. I love seeing them and Leicester at the top and I really hope one of them does it. Both of them play some wonderful football. Quick and direct, just as I like to see.

I wonder how Bayern are feeling seeing Juve steam on. 15 straight wins and Bayern looking their usual post break selves. The injures to Juve's defenders must be the only light they can see atm. If Bayern do lose the tie, should Pep even bother with the rest of the season? They don't need him to win the league from here.

Heard a few Arsenal fans yesterday talking about how this is the end for Leicester. They've shown them they're not unbeatable and this will shake their confidence and they'll fall away now. You do wonder how some people manage to walk upright, don't you? I wouldn't mind if they just said it's just a feeling and they've nothing to base it on.

That happens to all fans. We've all sat there and, after 10 minutes thought "we'll get nothing today" or seen a mistake and just known it'd lead to a goal. As a United fan I can't tell you the amount of times I've written Rooney off after 5 or 10 minutes having seen him try to trap a ball or have an appalling first touch.

But these fans seemed to think that losing would shatter their confidence. Getting beaten 5-2 by Arsenal at home didn't do it, I can't see the logic which says that a 'fortunate' 2-1 lose away to the same team against 10 men, will. Especially when that team is still top of the league and this was all evidence that Arsenal would win it. Completely disregarding the other two teams. How was Leicester's lost going to negatively affect them?

Yeah, I don't think that result with bother Leicester too much. They were unfortunate and I definitely think they would have avoided defeat had they not been reduced to ten men. A bit gutted to see Arsenal get the goal at the end, but on the other hand glad because Ozil got the assist and he's in my fantasy team.

Great result for Spurs too, Man City continue to prove incapable of beating the big teams who outplay them tactically. Way too much reliance on Aguero and Kompany. Otamendi is a great defenders at times, but as Carragher highlighted recently, he just jumps in far too much, the same again for Eriksen's goal I think.

Great win for Liverpool, even though it was only Villa. Great to see Coutinho, Firmino and Sturridge all link up. They put Benteke to shame, and even when he came on with 20 minutes to go he was awful, absolutely killed our fluid play and showed no effort. Really glad Origi came back in to the team and got a goal too, he was on a good little run before his injury and looks to be a tidy player when he's got confidence behind him.

Joel Matip should be a quality addition. According to WhoScored (my favourite football statistics website) he's the second best centre back in the Bundesliga this season, behind only Hummels. For a free as well, we had to go for it. Hopefully we can go on a decent run with the returning players and win a cup this season before Klopp is able to add a few faces in the summer.

Also Carragher is right about Aston Villa being "an embarrassment for a few years now" and when he said that their current team would be closer to the bottom than the top of the Championship, 100% agree with him. One of the worst team performances I've seen in a few years I think.

They put Benteke to shame, and even when he came on with 20 minutes to go he was awful, absolutely killed our fluid play and showed no effort. Really glad Origi came back in to the team and got a goal too, he was on a good little run before his injury and looks to be a tidy player when he's got confidence behind him.
You can't get anything out of Benteke unless you play to his strengths and Klopp's style doesn't account for that. I'm not convinced about him when teams do, but without that he's a waste of a shirt.

He reminds me of the young Emile Heskey. Unplayable on his day, but never kicked on from his early 20's. Let's hope Benteke doesn't go the same way, though there's no reason to think he won't.

Joel Matip should be a quality addition. According to WhoScored (my favourite football statistics website) he's the second best centre back in the Bundesliga this season, behind only Hummels. For a free as well, we had to go for it.
From what I've heard from those who watch a lot of Bundesliga, he's decent. Solid and imposing and will certainly do a job in that Liverpool backline, but nothing special. Which makes sense, given you're getting him on a free.

Also Carragher is right about Aston Villa being "an embarrassment for a few years now" and when he said that their current team would be closer to the bottom than the top of the Championship, 100% agree with him. One of the worst team performances I've seen in a few years I think.
Villa are terrible. Truly. Basically they're Newcastle without spending the money and, therefore, without hope.

The thing is, though. I look at that team and think "do you expect them to be anywhere else?"

Champions League - Round of 16

Paris Saint Germain 2 - 1 Chelsea - (Ibrahimović 39', Cavani 78' | John Obi Mikel 45')

Benfica 1 - 0 Zenit - (Jonas 90')

Roma 0 - 2 Real Madrid - (Cristiano Ronaldo 57', Jesé 86')

Gent 2 - 3 Wolfsburg - (Kums 80', Coulibaly 89' | Draxler 44' 54', Kruse 60')

Arsenal 0 - 2 Barcelona - (Messi 71' 83' [PK])

Juventus 2 - 2 Bayern München - (Müller 43', Robben 55' | Dybala 63', Sturaro 76')

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Juventus with a late winner over Napoli... Hate to see them win again.
I know it's a bit late, but why? You want someone else to win in Seria A this season?

Good result for City,their 3 best players scoring.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Interested only in English premier league. At the moment there is only one team for me and that is Leicester City. Seriously can't think of any other team.