Would Halloween be able to get a PG-13 rating if Re-released?

Tools    

The violence is either extremely minimal with no blood or off-screen. The subject matter is average. The bad words aren't too course and I'm pretty sure a 13 year old knows what breasts are.

What do you think?

I'd say no way. Especially in today's super PC climate where smoking a cigarette is pretty much banned unless you want a pg-13 rating and a detailed description in the MPAA box, that's be a heavy"no way would Halloween be rated PG-13 today" answer. That's just my opinion but since the MPAA is so fundamentally screwy, and always have been, I could be way off base.

God, I miss movies before illegal downloading forced studios to only focus on "bottom line" financing which in turn is responsible for the overflow of lame, watered down stuff coming out as commercial releases today.

Wait, let me correct that. Thanks to Tarantino and Mamet's screenwriting chops, now we have lame movies being injected with "edgy" and "dark" themes that go together like beer and ketchup.

That's where the studio's heads are at now. Mixing guaranteed commercial success with indie mentality to score with everyone who just eats it up. Man, I'm cranky!

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
There is still the sex scene, which the MPAA would probably rate R.