Best slasher movie

Tools    

Pick any Italian Giallo.... they would top the list. New York Ripper or maybe Strip Nude for Your Killer. Opera. All good.

Pick any Italian Giallo.... they would top the list. New York Ripper or maybe Strip Nude for Your Killer. Opera. All good.
Yeah I know I just watched suspiria by Argento and made a full list of giallo I want to see but I also want to see slashers. The problem with slashers though is that there is a lot of ****

I’m not a big fan of giallo, but I thought ‘The Bird with the Crystal Plumage’ (1970) was quite good. Some call it the original giallo film and I think it works as a slasher.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Does the Last House on the Left count as a slasher movie?

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Behold, there goes a list of awesome slashers:

Mil gritos tiene la noche [Pieces] (1982)
Angustia [Anguish] (1987)
死霊の罠 [Evil Dead Trap] (1988)
Nightmare [Nightmare in a Damaged Brain] (1981)
Maniac Cop (1988)
Black Christmas (1974)
Ecologia del delitto [A Bay of Blood] (1971)
屍妖 [Corpse Mania] (1981)
愛殺 [Love Massacre] (1981)

That's it.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Behold, there goes a list of awesome slashers:

Mil gritos tiene la noche [Pieces] (1982)
Angustia [Anguish] (1987)
死霊の罠 [Evil Dead Trap] (1988)
Nightmare [Nightmare in a Damaged Brain] (1981)
Maniac Cop (1988)
Black Christmas (1974)
Ecologia del delitto [A Bay of Blood] (1971)
屍妖 [Corpse Mania] (1981)
愛殺 [Love Massacre] (1981)

That's it.

Ayt thanks mate

I think out of all that I've seen, I can only think of five that I liked, that would count:

1. Psycho
2. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
3. New Nightmare
4. Scream 2
5. Scream

I remember not liking Friday the 13, but I will give it another chance.

Killer Workout (1987)

Bring ur sport tank tops and spandex to Rhonda's health club!

House of Wax (2005)

On May 6th... See Paris die!

Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night 2 (1987)

With or without a tiara, Mary Lou is going to make prom night hot!

Outside the City

and SO many more!
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	kw.gif
Views:	55
Size:	237.5 KB
ID:	64567   Click image for larger version

Name:	hwx.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	64568   Click image for larger version

Name:	hml.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	64569  

A slasher I only found out about a few years ago but I thought was really good was Just Before Dawn. I don't know why I didn't know about this film before then or why it didn't hit big before, but it's a classic US slasher for me. I mean, look at these stills. Don't they just scream late 70's/early 80's US slasher?

Does Psycho count though if there are only two murders done by a sharp weapon?

I don't think so... It's a thriller. Sub genre might be psychological thriller.

I appreciate Giallo/Slasher films as an aesthetic. Both historical and artistic. But honestly, I find myself engaging in many of them as an almost mere sociological interest, much like I've felt about many, (but not all), Blaxploitation films. Some times the product is so crude that watching many of these films seems to be a chore in and of itself—and this is speaking from someone who enjoys many low budget productions. I will say however that I do enjoy the works of Bava and Argento, and I find The Texas Chainsaw Massacre to be a film of seminal value. All this being said, I think if I were to pick the "best" of their kind I would have to pick The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Maybe not "different" or "special" in opinion... but it's the one that seems to have left the greatest impression on me over the years. Enjoy!
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

How about the original Black Christmas from 1974? Certainly one of the more serious slashers with a great twist at the end. I like the fact the killer is left a mystery. Predates Halloween also.