Movie Gaps... The Game

Tools    

I was just watching the Making Of for Jurassic Park...

They talk about stop motion. Jason And The Argonauts was 1963... only 30 years before Jurassic Park.

Got me thinking of a cool "game-of-sorts".

"There's a longer time between today and X, than there is between X and Y"

Example...

There's a longer time between today and Jurassic Park (27 years) than there is between Jurassic Park and 2001: A Space Odyssey (25 years)...

Another example.

There's a longer time betweentoday and Independence Day (24 years) than there is between Independence Day and Jaws (21 years)...

GO!
Points for the most surprisingly short gap.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
GO!
Points for the most surprisingly short gap.

There's a longer time between today and the year Back to the Future Part II is set (5 years) than there is between the release date of Back to the Future Part II and the release date of Back to the Future Part III (6 months).

I forgot about this

There's a longer gap between today and Saving Private Ryan (22 years)... than there is between Saving Private Ryan and Empire Strikes Back (18 years).

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
There's a longer time between today and the movie Maverick (26 years) than there is between the James Garner movies Support Your Local Sheriff! and Support Your Local Gunfighter (2 years).

There is a bigger gap between the 3rd and 4th versions of A Star is Born (1976-2018, 42 years), than the period that spanned the first 3 versions (1937-76, 39 years).