Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Di je Karlo?
Čudotvorni Mač (1950) - 55/100
So I went on a search for more good yugoslav movies... this one's not terrible but it lacks the x-factor of a good fairy tale movie

Three Identical Strangers (2018)

Another night, another brilliant documentary. The story about the triplets is compelling enough, but then it introduces another discussion piece about free will, nature vs nurture, etc

“I was cured, all right!”

★★

Excellent setting and performance (Viggo rocks as usually). The film could have been great, every corner has potential, but even if the human being in the world is in a very sad condition, the film brings something happy as soon as something bad happens. A bad way to portray how a situation like this could affect our race.

★★★★
This is one of those films that doesn't care about stereotypes, David Ayer grew up on streets like those in the film, it was his reality. The film has a very bad moment, when the bad guys goes full Scooby-Doo villain mode and explain some elements of his plan, honestly, the film could take more time and explain it in a more inconvenient way, or don't explain at all... Keanu looks great in this movie, the man knows how to pull the trigger, are you listening Denzel?

★★★
What the f*** I just watched? I believe there is no hidden meaning to this, it's just Lynch having fun, and I'm totally fine with that. Lmao with that ending.

"You've got....the bite"
A woman gets bit by a bug while on her bachelorette vacation. When she gets home she starts showing signs of becoming whatever bit her. Very similar to Cronenberg's The Fly but not nearly as good. In all fairness I have never had any friends turn into a bug so I can't really say that the characters acted stupid but they sure seemed to act stupid. There's a lot of body horror which usually gets under my skin but this is mostly just heaving up some Karo syrup and caviar. It's not boring just not that great.

“I was cured, all right!”
@Ultraviolence only two stars for The Road? Ouch... I liked that movie.
Honestly, it can improve in a future rewatch.
WARNING: "Road" spoilers below
The film at least had the balls not trying to explain the incident or giving it a TWD treatment of hope. But it fails badly in all those 'happy things', specially in the ending. Just after his dad died, another family puped out of nowhere. Looks like they where following they for... no reason... oh yeah, the mom was worried about the strange kid. XD, not a good or bad movie, but an interesting one imo.

Unregistered User
The Peanut Butter Falcon (2019) -

The Dead Don't Die (2019) -

Marianne and Leonard (2019) -

The Man who Killed Hitler and then Bigfoot (2019) -

Honestly, it can improve in a future rewatch.
WARNING: "Road" spoilers below
The film at least had the balls not trying to explain the incident or giving it a TWD treatment of hope. But it fails badly in all those 'happy things', specially in the ending. Just after his dad died, another family puped out of nowhere. Looks like they where following they for... no reason... oh yeah, the mom was worried about the strange kid. XD, not a good or bad movie, but an interesting one imo.
I think I gave it three and a half stars. I thought for the themes it had originality, and I liked the gritty aesthetic. It seemed more realistic than most in terms of that kind of apocalyptic scenario, the way they delt with food and survival. I probably wouldn't have ended it that way either.
WARNING: "Ending" spoilers below
A little cliche in the happy ending sort of way like you say, but not that strange that another family popped up.

I just think it's a bit harsh to drop it below average just for that, but if that's how you feel about it that's totally fine.

Legend in my own mind

Beautiful film

Di je Karlo?
When the dead start singing (1998) - 80/100
Surprisingly solid, both as a chase thriller, a comedy and a war drama. I got lots of North by Northwest vibes from the first half

Hollow (2014)

A Vietnamese horror film about a little girl who falls in the river and is thought dead. Obviously she's brought back home and as obviously there's something wrong with her. Kind of a possession film with a twist. Some stuff feels odd but it's probably due to my lack of knowledge in the local culture. I'm not a fan of the twist and writing leaves characters quite hollow (pun intended). The little girl does a good job and acting, in general, isn't bad. It's just quite a dull movie.

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Dolemite Is My Name

Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

1917: 9/10
The Hateful Eight: same rating

Donnie Darko (2001)

Set up a new TV and wanted to see how it looked, and this was the first movie I saw and grabbed to test it out. It'd been a few years since I last watched it, and it still surprises me how captivating this movie is. It doesn't look great on paper, but everything works, from the acting to the dialogue... Very rewatchable

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

The Queen (Frank Simon, 1968)
- 6.5/10
Touch Me Not (Adina Pintilie, 2018)
5/10
The Good Liar (Bill Condon, 2019)
+ 6/10
Fury of the Demon (Fabien Delage, 2016)
6.5/10

Cursed(?) 19th-century film is examined in this doc but since there are no known extant prints, we don't get to examine it[
K-9 (Rod Daniel, 1989)
6/10
K-9: P.I. (Richard J. Lewis, 2002)
+ 5/10
The Wedding Guest (Michael Winterbottom, 2018)
6/10
The Poseidon Adventure (Ronald Neame, 1972)
6.5/10

Or, if you prefer, The Poop-Side Down Adventure.
Playing with Fire (Andy Fickman, 2019)
6/10
Birds in the Earth (Marja Helander, 2018)
6.5/10
The Underworld Story (Cyril Endfield, 1950)
- 5.5/10
Try and Get Me! AKA The Sound of Fury (Cyril Endfield, 1950)
- 6.5/10

Unemployed, married Frank Lovejoy helps holdup man Lloyd Bridges kidnap and murder a scion leading to a lynch mob.
Forbidden Dreams (Karel Kachyna, 1987)
6/10
Thirty (Simona Kostova, 2019)
5/10
Parasite (Bong Joon Ho, 2019)
- 7.5/10
To the Moon and Back (Susan Morgan Cooper, 2016)
6.5/10

Heartbreaking doc about the background of the Magnitsky Act and the human toll involved (including the orphans).
The Fuzz (Christopher Ford, 2014)
+ 6/10
The Ann Jillian Story (Corey Allen, 1988)
+ 5/10
Menashe (Joshua Z Weinstein, 2017)
5.5/10
Shoah: Four Sisters (Claude Lanzmann, 2018)
6.5/10

Four women Holocaust survivors share their stories in extended interviews with the director.

Man and woman hook up to murder her rich husband. What could go wrong? I think it took awhile to get going but once it did it was very good.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Parasite (Bong Joon Ho, 2019)
- 7.5/10
The best film nominated for Oscars this year in your opinion?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

1917 It's a beautifully shoot movie that will keep you gripped to it throughout, i would still prefer Parasite or The Irishman to take home best picture but i have to admit 1917 would also be a worthy winner