Friendly Forays into Foreign Films

Tools    

Happy New Year from Philly!
I am going to publish my reviews of foreign films in this thread. Why don't you join me if you like foreign films as well.

Today's offering

Lila Says

Lila Says is a French film about two kids falling in love. One is Chimo, an Arab boy who feels he is going nowhere but is encouraged to write by his teacher. The other is Lila a sexy little blonde, who introduces herself to Chimo by asking him if he would like to see her (expletive deleted). Lila talks dirty to Chimo and keeps him on a string while all along they are really very tender it is only Lila's language which is highly sexual. Lila and Chimo keep their budding romance a secret but one of Chimo's friends is in pursuit of Lila despite her snubbing him. Complications ensue. Let me end here in order not to give too much away.

I enjoyed this movie very much and would feel quite sad for this girl who thinks her only value is sexual if she wasn't so darn young and lovely.

I am going to publish my reviews of foreign films in this thread. Why don't you join me if you like foreign films as well.
Waiting patiently for your reviews . . . .

Happy New Year from Philly!
Under the Sand (2000)

A low key drama about a woman whose husband is lost on their vacation.
She goes home only to fantasize that he is still alive. This fantasy borders on delusion yet she is still able to work and socialize. Part of her believes he is gone and she begins dating and confusing another man. But another part of her is unable to except her husbands death.

Worth seeing for Charlotte Rampling's understated performance, though the whole movie was far too understated for my taste. By the way, Ms. Rampling who is 54 at the time of this filming has the body of a 24 year old. No one that age should have breasts that perky! It's just not fair!
*wanders off to pout about the state of her own breasts*