MoFo Fantasy Football 2020 - Regular Season

Tools    

I should bribe Holden to pick up as many players from the Chiefs as possible. Gotta clear out the road to the Super Bowl in the AFC for the Steelers.

I’m convinced Holden is absolutely cursed with injuries this season. Burrow out with a nasty injury.

F this F-ing F.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The trick is not minding
I should bribe Holden to pick up as many players from the Chiefs as possible. Gotta clear out the road to the Super Bowl in the AFC for the Steelers.
Pitt looks locked in. And with Ben admitting he has seriously contemplated retirement the last few years, they know he wants to go out a winner.

As much as I want to believe this Steeler team is historically good, they were lucky to win maybe three of the 10 games so far, and a couple of those were stupidly close against really bad teams, so I think they're just very good and pretty lucky.

I'd still put them as a close second to Kansas City as class of the AFC this year, to be sure, but if my life were on the line I'd still take the Chiefs, records aside.

So many injuries. Really hard to watch. Even the redzone channel is covering them. Too many games are being stopped because of injury timeouts. Pretty rough man.

Left a lot of points on my bench this week. I swapped out the Browns defense for the Lions defense thirty minutes before kickoff. I'm blaming that on my Eagles fandom. No Myles Garrett and the Eagles are the healthiest they've been all year. Gameday optimism had me thinking that this was the week that the Eagles would finally right the ship. Idiotic move. Lions defense scored 6 points, which is decent but I was hoping for more against an XFL QB. Meanwhile, Browns defense scored 20 points.

Also left Goedert on my bench in favor of Hurst. Goedert was ranked higher than Hurst in a lot of the rankings I saw this week, and I strongly considered starting him, but decided to stick with Hurst since he's been much more consistent (averaging around 10 points the last few weeks) whereas Goedert hasn't done much since returning from injury, despite favorable match-ups. So of course Hurst posts a doughnut while Goedert scores 16.

Those two blunders cost me 30 points. I still would've lost, but those points could be instrumental to deciding tie-breakers and playoff seeding. Right now it looks like it's going to come down to me, Nocturnal Busts, WhentheLe'VeonBreaks, and Paper Curtain battling it out for the last two playoff spots. Those three other teams could potentially lose tonight, so that's what I'm rooting for. Regardless, these next two weeks are now must win for me. At least Michael Thomas's performance was encouraging. I feared the worst with Taysom Hill at QB, but they've already shown a nice rapport.

Yeah, if we're being honest for every brilliant call there's a "how did I talk myself into that?" we'd rather forget. I've had my share. Something about that approaching cutoff makes me overthink things.

And yeah, you'd rather take the win but Thomas getting fed by Hill, who's gonna be the QB over the next few crucial weeks, is pretty big news for you. Also looks like it's hurting Kamara. Drew Brees get well soon.

Hey @Yoda. Did you happen to catch Flacco's first play from scrimmage yesterday for the jets? I thought that encapsulated his entire career in one play rather nicely. Worth a look since I know you're a big fan of his work.

I didn't mention it earlier because I didn't think it would matter, but add benching Robert Woods to the list of boneheaded blunders from this week. Reagor, whom I swapped for Woods around 12:30 yesterday, had 7.2 points. I was skeptical that Woods would do much more than that tonight against a Bucs defense that has been very good against WRs this year. I was wrong. Woods finishes with 24.6 points. That's damn near 50 points I missed out on this week. I deserve a dunce cap after this week's performance.

This is the kinda sh*t that drives me crazy. I try not to sweat stuff that's outside of my control, like losing due to bad luck with the schedule, or when a random player goes off on my bench that nobody would've foreseen (for instance, Dobbins with 17 points this week, which nobody could've predicted based on his typical usage in that offense; and on that note, of course he catches COVID the day after the Ravens finally appear to commit to him as their primary back) . . . but when I over think things and meddle with my line-up and lose because of it, that's what aggravates me. I don't know what the hell I was thinking this week. I guess being projected to lose by so many points going into Sunday led to desperate hail mary throws. That and getting lucky with last-minute changes to my line-up a few times earlier this season just made me too impulsive.

Good news is it looks like I'll still be ranked within the top six after this week, and I think a few of the other teams fighting for a playoff spot have to play each other over these next two weeks, so I'm still on the inside track to a playoff berth.