MoFo Fantasy Football 2020 - Regular Season

Tools    

You took him in the 5th. Didn't strike me as ridiculous or anything, but go back a few years and it looked like he was just gonna be some kind of Harrison-esque mainstay in the early rounds every year.

The trick is not minding
Hey Frederick rode him all the way to the big win.
I’m still kicking myself for not seeing Cook was still available when I drafted Chubb. Still don’t know how I overlooked him. Maybe I just assumed he was gone by that time
😑

The freefall continues.

Some of my woes this week were the garden variety vagaries of fantasy football. Last week I played Charger Mike Williams in favor of Bill Cole Beasley. Cole snared 11 catches for 112 yards while Williams caught a single 4-yard reception. This week I played Beasley and sat Williams. Mikey had 100 total yards on five receptions and a run plus scored a TD on my bench while Beasley caught only two for 24 scoreless yards in the win over The Pats. And my defense (Green Bay) got zero points in the loss to Minnesota while my opponent's Pittsburgh defense got 18 fantasy points in the win in Baltimore. But those are routine problems.

Less routine is yes, you guessed it, yet ANOTHER injury for my squad when Kenny Golladay exited early with a bad hip having caught nary a pass. Chris Carson, the one sail on my sinking ship, was out again. La'Mical Perine could do litte with his newfound starting duties for the winless Jets managing only 33 total yards. But at least Perine got something. SF's Tevin Coleman, on my IR since Week Two, came back into the 49ers lineup...and promptly re-injured himself. Of course he did.

On the positive side, with Mark Ingram out that meant my Gus Edwards would have an increased role in the Ravens running game. And it was a rainy afternoon too, meaning run first and run often. Gus actually did well with 87 yards and a touchdown. Joe Burrow and Cincinnati upset Tennessee, but not because my rookie QB put up video game numbers. He had a nice game and just met his projection.

Unsurprisingly the two decent-but-unspectacular days Burrow and Edwards had were not enough to give me anywhere near a shot. I couldn't quite get to 66 points, which already puts me 25 behind The Paper Curtain and they still have their FLEX payer going in MNF.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

But I completely expected to lose this week. And to lose all the rest of the weeks. There is no emotion in this league for me anymore. That was snuffed out by the third season-ending injury from my starting lineup. What was much more upsetting was losing to my wife in our annual battle in our league. THAT was some straight up bullshit. It is also going to knock me from second place into third or even fourth. It was only her second win of the year. She is in last place all by herself. But she kicked my ass.

Re: Dalvin Cook

Cook became the first player to score a touchdown on each of his team's first four possessions of a game since the 1970 NFL-AFL merger

23 points is a lot for a defense but if there's a defense that could do it it's Tampa and if there's an offense that it could do it against it's the Giants.

Yeah, honestly that's why I didn't throw up my hands until last night: one more play out of Kamara (or even just a couple of chunk plays) would've gotten this down to a very reasonable 15-16 or something.

And that's why I hated seeing that game last night go to OT. I've been doing fantasy long enough to know that I don't ever feel good until Tuesday morning.

I actually tuned out when someone other than Kamara scored, figured that was it with the way Chicago's offense looked. Guess I'm glad I spared myself since that whole thing was a three-hour trick to get me to watch something just in case something dramatic happened, and it never did.

But yeah, I hear ya'. If you've been playing awhile you've seen stuff like this turn suddenly.

I went in to this weeks game refusing to budge on my starting QB going against my Steelers D. I contemplated putting in another D so my QBs TDs would not be watered down and I contemplated starting another QB - which may have worked out better score wise, but overall I cant be too disappointed. I was afraid that one or the other would have a crazy week and I would bench the wrong one.

Scoring wise my team feels kinda meh, but - still a lot of games left.

Finally got a much needed victory after a string of losses. Didn't expect to win this week after McCaffrey wasn't activated and Bridgewater got a measly 14 points against the normally generous Falcons on Thursday. (It wasn't all Bridgewater's fault since he missed several minutes of game time after an illegal hit that resulted in an ejection. I was surprised he even returned to the game.) I'm in danger of scoring my lowest point total of the season, depending on what Mike Evans does tonight, but fortunately for me @Sedai's team way underperformed, so it doesn't matter.

Interesting note about this week: I nearly put in a waiver claim for Carlos Hyde, but backed off after I read about his ailing hamstring, instead picking up DeeJay Dallas as a free agent while Sedai claimed Hyde instead. Turns out Hyde didn't play, nor any of the other Seattle RBs ahead of Dallas on the depth chart. I plugged him into my lineup once I heard he was starting. Didn't feel good about it, and he was woefully inefficient on a per-touch basis, but he scored 2 TDs and finished with 20 points. Stands to reason that Hyde would've done just as well if not better had he played, and those points would've went against me instead.

I was worried that if I didn't win this week that I'd have to win out to make the playoffs. This victory should at least give me a little more room for error. I'm pretty sure I've made the playoffs in this league before with only 7 wins, but it seems like it usually takes 8 wins to secure a spot.

A system of cells interlinked
Holy crap. My team was terrible this week!

Pulled off a blockbuster trade tonight (Mike Evans & Mike Gesicki for Michael Thomas & Hayden Hurst) that I think has the potential to either doom my playoff chances or propel me to a championship. Hurst hasn't demonstrated much of a ceiling, but at least he now provides my team with dependable weekly production at a position I've barely gotten anything from this season. Michael Thomas is the gamble due to the murkiness of his situation. The #1 overall WR from last year hasn't played since week one due to injuries and a suspension. There also seems to be a lot of animosity between him and the organization. I don't have much depth at WR, so if he continues missing games, this could really hurt me, and I don't have much room for error with my current record.

Mike Evans is one of the elite WRs in the NFL, and he's on my fantasy team seemingly every year, but my reservations about life without Winston have come to fruition this season. Brady spreads the ball around much more than Winston, and there's a ton of mouths to feed in Tampa, so Evans has been much more TD dependent than in seasons past. With that said, he's scored a TD in all but two games this season, and he's 6 for 6 in the red zone. All you have to do is throw him a catchable ball in the end zone and he's coming down with a TD, and Brady puts the Bucs in plenty of scoring positions. If Thomas suffers a setback or gets into another fallout with his coaching staff, then I just traded Evans for Hurst, which is a terrible move.

If Michael Thomas gets his sh*t together, however, and Christian McCaffrey finally gets his butt back on the field, then I've got last year's #1RB and #1WR to go along with a breakout QB in Kyler Murray and a solid supporting cast. Still not as good as Yoda's team, but I'd have the necessary firepower to put up monster numbers any given week. Just need those "if's" to play out in my favor.

Not feeling good about my matchup vs Clowns this week at all. Hasty was an awful play, advised and screwed by the Yahoo experts. Now I got to depend on Gurley whose not what he was, Elliot whose not what he was And hurt now, and TJ Whothehell whose hurt too. Poor me.