Elysium

Tools    

New film coming from Neill Blomkamp, director of the wonderful District 9, another shot has been released of Matt Damon in this film:

In the year 2159 two classes of people exist: the very wealthy who live on a pristine man-made space station called Elysium, and the rest, who live on an overpopulated, ruined Earth.

Secretary Rhodes (Jodie Foster), a hard line government official, will stop at nothing to enforce anti-immigration laws and preserve the luxurious lifestyle of the citizens of Elysium.

That doesn’t stop the people of Earth from trying to get in, by any means they can. When unlucky Max (Matt Damon) is backed into a corner, he agrees to take on a daunting mission that if successful will not only save his life, but could bring equality to these polarized worlds.

First pic is great - Matt Damon meets Bruce Willis.

I also liked District 9. 'Prawns' - what a great name.

It's no accident that these films about equality come from a South African director.

District 9 is amazing, can't wait to see this!!

I am the Watcher in the Night
District 9 was a great film and I like the look of the trailer. This seems to be on a larger scale with more action and a very interesting premise. Not quite as original as D9 but a solid concept nonetheless. Actually can't wait.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Just watched trailer and this film has overtaken my anticipation for all other films this year. Looks ****ing awesome.

The trailer looks awesome. It looks like it'll be somewhat similar to The Hunger Games, but with the grittiness of Blade Runner.

I saw this movie yesterday.
It was not bad, very nice cast they've put together.
Weird to see Damon bald and Jody plays a real die-hard c***. Man did I hate her.
It's very watchable and not a bad story at all. 7.5/10