Bug Reports for the New Design

Tools    

i just got two reps, and the notification appeared on the search icon instead of my avatar.
Ah yes. Love it when fixing one bug creates another. Should be fixed in a bit.

EDIT: should be fixed. Let me know if it recurs. Were you on a tablet/phone/smaller screen, out of curiosity?

Not a big deal but it takes a little more to +rep someone. I have to press it twice now instead of once and it takes a couple seconds longer to go through.

I assume by "now" you mean it wasn't before, though something taking a second to load sometimes isn't really a bug. And the server load here is still minuscule, so I'm pretty sure it's on the other end.

As for clicking, I find clicking anything small on a touch device (I assume this is still on the iPhone?) is pretty hit and miss no matter what, and touch screens often register the first click as equivalent to a hover effect.

I know you prefer the desktop version, but if you decide to try the mobile style (per the instructions in the post just above) you should find everything a lot easier to click on. It's bigger, and there's no hover effect for the touch screen to try to interpret in lieu of a click.

It's since the new design; what happens is that I now have to click on the icon, and then +1 shows up above it, and then I have to click it again, and then it takes a couple seconds. Before, I'd click it once and it would go through almost instantaneously.

Yup, that's the phone: it's trying to give you the option to tap something once to get the hover effect you'd normally get by placing your mouse over it, with the second tap actually clicking it. I assume you've encountered this before, if you generally browse desktop-optimized sites on your phone.

is putting quotes around a search supposed to make it search for exactly that phrase? because i just tried a couple, and they didn't work.
Nope, the search isn't boolean. Shouldn't be necessary.

It's also the same search we had before. It's been kind of funny getting bug reports or questions about things that haven't actually changed, but which people are only noticing/asking about now.

Whoa!!

Just had a weird experience... the site went like this for about 10 minutes...
That's pretty funny.

Probably not a bug, though--crazy, temporary layout things like this are almost always connection problems on the user side. Stylesheets not loading, for example, or pages only half-loading.

Going forward I think I'd rather you guys PM this type of stuff to me, since it's usually just a connection issue that goes away shortly anyway, and there's already a lot in this thread to comb through.

I was getting a white page for a while.

It had the exact same layout as the new look, but there was just no colour and all the links were in blue...

Yeah, that means the stylesheet isn't loading. I always feel bad blaming this stuff on a wonky connection, but 99 times out of 100 that's exactly what it is.

I've noticed this happening a few times. Sorry the image is kind of small.

I can't open my profile. :/

This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view.
Same here.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood