a modest proposal

Tools    

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
Okay...but I have a sinus infection so there might be more snot than you're used to. Come here, Sam.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
She takes me snot and all, folks. *swooning* Now that's love!

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by 2wrongs
She takes me snot and all, folks. *swooning* Now that's love!
It might be love but let's give it a crazy kooky name like the celebs do.

My mom just read an article from people magazine about this very topic. She was reading me some of the names:
Woody Allen's kids:Satchel Seamus,
Moses Amadeus

Michael J. Fox and Tracey Pollen have Aquinnah and Schulyer ???

Richard Gere has Homer and Jigme. WTF?

How 'bout George Forman with naming all his boys George.

Simon Lebon from Duran Duran has girls with these names:
Amber Rose, Saffron Sahara, Tallulah Pine

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Yes, but as with the case of Schandelle, a person does not have to have famous parents to have a kooky name, firstly.

Secondly, I think it's petty to assault the taste of celebrities, just because they make easy targets. The mind-set that spawns the notion that other people's creativity is some sort of threat to the "normal" people... it's just pathetic, frankly. We already have threads dogging celebs for their looks, and those charming lists of who we don't like. Negativity of that sort is truly cheap. It benefits no one, except those with broken, pathetic little egos who get to feel cool for being nasty to someone they feel is more important than them.

Live and let live. How hard is that?
I think you are reading way too much into my thread, my friend. This wasn't an attack because I feel my own ego is weak and I need to make myself feel better. I agree with the person who said celebs name their kids such odd, different names because they want to be set apart from everyone else. Maybe its another way for them to appear creative. I guess. I don't see how being famous automatically makes someone creative though. I think those that assume that if someone is famous, they are creative, are on the wrong track. I think all of us can think of more than a handful of people that are famous, with zero talent. Sure some have talent, some can act, some can write, some can sing. Whatever. But theres more than a handful. A LOT more, that can't.

So maybe its compensation. Who knows.

To me it looks almost like some kind of contest. "Which celeb can come up with the weirdest, coolest, unique name of all?" Once a few did it, they all have to. Sorry, that just makes me

And I'd like to ask, what is so morally wrong with "dogging" celebs, on their looks or otherwise? All are entitled to their own opinon, you can't HONESTLY say that there aren't a few celebs on your list that you don't think are just utterly ridiculous, one way or another. Ridiculous people are everywhere, everyone just focuses on the celebs because they are in the lime light, and its the price they pay for living their kind of lifestyle.

Amber Rose is kind of cool.

Originally Posted by ash_is_the_gal
I think you are reading way too much into my thread, my friend. This wasn't an attack because I feel my own ego is weak and I need to make myself feel better. I agree with the person who said celebs name their kids such odd, different names because they want to be set apart from everyone else. Maybe its another way for them to appear creative. I guess. I don't see how being famous automatically makes someone creative though. I think those that assume that if someone is famous, they are creative, are on the wrong track. I think all of us can think of more than a handful of people that are famous, with zero talent. Sure some have talent, some can act, some can write, some can sing. Whatever. But theres more than a handful. A LOT more, that can't.

To me it looks almost like some kind of contest. "Which celeb can come up with the weirdest, coolest, unique name of all?" Once a few did it, they all have to. Sorry, that just makes me

And I'd like to ask, what is so morally wrong with "dogging" celebs, on their looks or otherwise? All are entitled to their own opinon, you can't HONESTLY say that there aren't a few celebs on your list that you don't think are just utterly ridiculous, one way or another. Ridiculous people are everywhere, everyone just focuses on the celebs because they are in the lime light, and its the price they pay for living their kind of lifestyle.
Worry not. Most of us agree with you. Dogging celebs is our right as paying customers as far as I'm concerned. The rich and famous would be nowhere without the middle class paying our hard earned money to support their craft so I believe they just have to deal with the good (their lifestyle $$$) and the ugly (photos of them every where thay go).

Hell yeah! It's all love and I would get sick if I didn't mess with others from around the way...I mess (****) with everyone.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by ash_is_the_gal

This is a movie board.
Some of the people who post here are actors, or would like to be.
Stating that people should be sterilized upon reciept of a SAG card, while obvious hyperbole, is harsh and offensive to those who are actually... you know... in the business that this board is here to discuss.

As I already said, I think it's petty and small to sit around and gripe about other people enjoying life. You can do it, sure. And I'll sit here and throw stones at you for it. It's my right... right? Besides, anyone cool enough to quote Romy and Michelle is cool enough to come up with something more constructive to talk about.

As I already said, I think it's petty and small to sit around and gripe about other people enjoying life.
Well when they enjoy life in the public eye and stupid things like cat fight outside the Viper Room, then it's fair game. I hope you're not taking offense because you're an actress. Aren't you a stage actor?

Okay, well, I was just asking a question but you can be huffy if you wanna. I was going to say that there's a difference between those that conduct themsleves in a tasteful way and those that flaunt their status. If you notice, actors that make headlines for themselves (Jessica and Nick) want people to talk smack about them. Their careers depend on it. Celebs work the press and the media almost as much as they work the craft that made them famous.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
I never say all. Like I said, while I think some celebs are extrememly ridiculous, there are some that I find extremely talented. Some are the reason I love movies so much. If I insult a certain group of celebs, you shouldn't be insulted. Its not directed at you. Forgive me if I hurt your feelings, but it was never a personal attack on anyone on this board.

It's too late. She left in a huff.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by 2wrongs
It's too late. She left in a huff.
Would you KINDLY stop overblowing everything I say? I didn't leave "in a huff", I simply left the thread, just like you did after you posted last.