Nats cinema journey

→ in
Tools    

Hey everybody.

Right i'm going to start a fresh on here. This is officially my first REAL thread. Let me explain.

Those of you who have read Yodas comment today on "my top movies 2000-2015" will know what I'm talking about. For those who haven't ill explain.

I was copying reviews from the Internet because I wanted to make an impression on everyone but I have now realised my mistake and promised not to do it again.

I do apologise to everyone that followed those lists and yo everyone else on here.

This thread is to show that I'm going to put these in my own words that's why I'm calling it my first real thread.

These reviews are films I have seen in general good or bad they will be on here. I have seen loafs of films in differ eras let's say over 5000+ so they will all be on here at some point. They won't be as long just a few sentences.

I understand if people don't want to follow me anywhere. I'm doing this to prove to myself that I can write proper reviews that come from me personally.

Thanks for listening and I will post some reviews tomorrow

The spy who loved me (1977)

I have never been a fan of James bond, but when this film came out with Roger Moore I was surprised.

It kept my attention with all the gadgets, the set and the stunts. The background music was rather corny but effective.

It also had one of the best villains played by Richard kiel.

I give this movie a 7/10.

I would appreciate your feedback on how good the review was and how I could improve

I would appreciate your feedback on how good the review was and how I could improve
I think it's too short.

You should be more like me and write a book about every movie you watch.

Lorna doone (1922)

This film is set in 17th century England where an outlaw kidnaps a young girl and the farm boy rescues her and they fall in love.

This is an early love story. The two lead characters are strong and you really engage with them throughout the film. The outlaw is also fantastic.

I give this movie a 7/10.

I think it's too short.

You should be more like me and write a book about every movie you watch.
I'm just starting out writing my own. Don't want to go too long yet

I'm just starting out writing my own. Don't want to go too long yet
What I'm saying is it's difficult to give feedback when there isn't much to give feedback about.
Ok thanks I will try to do more longer ones.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Nat, don't worry about the length of your reviews. You're doing great.

If you can get your opinion across in only one or two sentences, that's great. You don't need to write a whole novel. If people want to know more about the movie, then they can see it and form their own opinion.

My personal suggestion is, since you're just starting out, to come up with at least one criticism for every movie you watch (and tell us why it bothered you). Even your favorites aren't perfect so show us and perhaps you'll spark some interesting discussion.

The cell (2000)

This is a nice thriller starring Jennifer Lopez and vice vaughan.

I really liked Jennifer Lopez in this film and the film's atmosphere was top notch. Vincent vaughan was toned down in this film which was refreshing to see him being more serious.

The only serious gripe I have with this film are the dream sequences. The images are sickening and sometimes they even make the film more silly.

If you can get past those dream sequences and the silliness it's not such a bad movie.

I give this movie a 6/10.

Wildcat (1942)

This is an entertaining b feature with a good cast. The main character is Richard arlen. Other cast include elisha cook Jr, buster crabbe and William frawley.

It's set in an oilfield and sets the film up really well with all the atmospheric scenes.

The finale is longwinded with a firefighting scene that makes it boring in some places.

I give this movie an 8/10.

There ya go, now you got some talking points.

The gruesome imagery is a big reason I don't want to see The Cell, I've already had it spoiled for me.
The cell is a good movie overall. The performances from Lopez and vaughan are excellent. I watched it because a friend recommended it to me and it caught me until those dream sequences.

The cell is a good movie overall. The performances from Lopez and vaughan are excellent. I watched it because a friend recommended it to me and it caught me until those dream sequences.
It may be a fine movie besides, but I would not be able to get over that.

As an unrelated follow-up suggestion: Get yourself an avatar!

Flesh and the devil (1926)

Clarence brown made this little melodrama film. The small cast makes this film work. This is a memorable film thanks to the ideas of the story.

George Gilbert and lars Hanson work well together in this film and bring the story together.

The film is quite long and drags the story out that you can get distracted towards the end.

Overall a good film for those who like Clarence brown.

It may be a fine movie besides, but I would not be able to get over that.

As an unrelated follow-up suggestion: Get yourself an avatar!
How do you get an avatar?? I've been trying but I don't see where I can get one??