Halloween Horror Challenge

Tools    

Let the night air cool you off
Everybody loves watching horror films during the month of October, because Halloween. Duh.

Everytime you watch a horror film during the month of October, come into this thread and tell us about it. You don't have to write much, just a sentence or so will be fine.

We are on a point system to make things more interesting. You get 1 point for your regular ol' English language horror films and 2 points for silent or non-English language horror films. However, for those of you that don't care about foreign or silent cinema, I'll also keep track of the overall number of features everybody watches. You can go for that if you'd prefer.

All I ask is that you help me keep up with your score by posting it every time you pop in to inform us of your viewing experience.

Rewatches are fine, but no doubling up will be counted.

I'll keep track of scores in this post. Get to watching.

Total Points

52 - mark f
39 - Derek Vinyard
21 - Godoggo
20 - Sane
11 - MovieMeditation
11 - TheUsualSuspect
9 - nostromo87
9 - Nausicaä
8 - Arcanis
7 - jiraffejustin
7 - Sinny McGuffins
6 - BlueLion
6 - The Gunslinger45
5 - Sedai
4 - Kaplan
3 - teeter_g
2 - Sexy Celebrity
1 - Thursday Next
1 - rauldc14

Total Films Watched

48 - mark f
32 - Derek Vinyard
15 - Sane
15 - Godoggo
10 - TheUsualSuspect
9 - nostromo87
9 - MovieMeditation
8 - Arcanis
8 - Nausicaä
6 - Sinny McGuffins
6 - The Gunslinger45
5 - BlueLion
5 - Sedai
4 - jiraffejustin
3 - Kaplan
3 - teeter_g
2 - Sexy Celebrity
1 - Thursday Next
1 - rauldc14

You get 1 point for your regular ol' English language horror films and 2 points for silent or non-English language horror films.
That's ridiculous. Foreign horror is crap. It should be 2 points for English language horror, 1 point for non-English.

this is probably going to be my favorite thread of the 2014 fall season

will probably be posting all sorts of Halloween-holiday related stuff in here, as it is my favorite of the year. along with some horror movie updates

That's ridiculous. Foreign horror is crap. It should be 2 points for English language horror, 1 point for non-English.
I know. That rule is dumb, but that's why I made this challenge a two-parter. You don't have to participate in the challenge that's weighted to favor foreign/silent.

I know. That rule is dumb, but that's why I made this challenge a two-parter. You don't have to participate in the challenge that's weighted to favor foreign/silent.
The only thing that should be silent is YOU.

this is my cup of tea !! I'm definitely in and maybe i'm going to win

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I've no time for this. Mainly cause I need to get started on the fifth Hall of Fame in my free time that I rarely have. Plus, my 60s films.

I've no time for this. Mainly cause I need to get started on the fifth Hall of Fame in my free time that I rarely have. Plus, my 60s films.
It's all good, homie. Hopefully we'll all be here come this time next year, so we can do it again and you can participate.

I have one objective on Halloween and that's to rewatch: The Exorcist. I usually watch a few Horrors, but the only definite is, The Exorcist. Seriously i'd miss my kids birthday to watch The Exorcist, provided he beat the 365 to 1 odds of being born on Halloween, then i'd probably just celebrate my kids birthday .

AMC is doing a a "fear fest" that begins on the 17th. Before then, of course, I'll be watching plenty of horror movies. I'll try to keep this thread in mind.

That reminds me, I probably won't be on here from the 15th to the 19th or 20th. As long as everybody helps me out by keeping track of their viewing, I shouldn't have any problems catching up when I get back.

I'll play, reanimator did something similar one or two years ago where it was a challenge to watch a horror movie everyday. This sounds fun too though, I need to watch more movies I've been on a drought lately. Not sure how many I'll actually be able to watch for this though since I'll be travelling a ton this month.