Tools    

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
My favorite is "The Program"

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Gladiators was also off the hook. "With Cuba Gooding"

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Necessary roughness was entertaining

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Rollerball was the worst sports movie ever I'd have to say.

The one will LL in it.

Sudoku Blackbelt
Glad to see The Natural in this thread.

I forget if Major League has been mentioned. It's fun, and a bit hokey at times, but the baseball is believable enough.

A really good one is Mr. Baseball. Tom Selleck is a 1st baseman at the end of his career, and gets traded to a Japanese team. Culture clash is inevitable, and Selleck's character learns in order to be respected, you must be respectful. His run-ins with team mates and especially the manager are well done and get both points of view across.

The baseball scenes are actually pretty good as well. Nothing as hokey as Jake Taylor 'calling his shot' in Major League.

This one is a little known baseball drama:

Michael Moriarity & Robert De Niro are a pitcher and catcher for a major league team. De Niro's character is slow witted and a bit backwards, and Moriarity's character is his friend and a sort of protector.

He's (De Niro) is diagnosed with Hodgkin's, and management wants to cut him, but Moriarity says if he goes, I go.

His condition is kept secret, and what results is a deterioration of the catcher's skill and along with it, the team's unity.

A really good flick.

(about the Rocky flicks...it's awesome how every single punch is a huge haymaker, and every punch lands.hahah)

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
what?

The Wrestler gives us the image of a wrecked man, some one who has nowhere to go and is obsessed with his past, it just so happens wrestling is the past. Is it then not a sports film?
No it isn't, in the sense that pro wrassling isnt a sport.

but now you have my attention
Major League - Charlie Sheen
White Men Can't Jump - Wesley Snipes
Above the Rim - Tupac Shakur

Guilty Pleasures - The Longest Yard and In a league of their own

If pool is a sport I'd say The Huslter.

I like Happygilmore a lot

No it isn't, in the sense that pro wrassling isnt a sport.
True, I wouldn't necessarily call pro wrestling a sport. It's more like entertainment. Real wrestling, of course, but not WWE or TNA.

That said, I have a lot more respect for pro wrestlers than most pro sports stars. They have to stay fit, act well, and perform in a choreographed manner. They certainly earn their paychecks.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
If pool is a sport I'd say The Huslter.

I like Happygilmore a lot
Yeah doesn't get much better that the Hustler.

Rudy tops them all.

The blind side!!

Really? The movie was fine, but I wouldn't call it near my my favourites list. I felt like Bullock had too much screen time, for a character I didn't care about at all, compared to the guy the story's based on.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

I always liked "Any given sunday" with Al Pacino, but i have absolutely no clue why...

The Babe
Hoosiers
The Iron Man
Somebody Up There Likes Me
The first Rocky movie