Favourite ever Movie lines

Tools    

The trouble with falling in love with a dream girl,they have a habit of becoming real - Lord of War
Epic quote. Epic movie.

Until we lose ourselves we have no hope of finding ourselves
I never understood the LOVE for that movie - I don't want to undermine your feelings for it or anything but didn't feel like a rip-off of every 'dystopian' story that has EVER been 1984, Fahrenheit 451, Handmaid's Tail, even Brave New World (tho I dunno if a movie was made about it) - I thought it was boring, granted I also don't like Natalie Portman but wasn't it in any way, a little cliched to you, at all?
I didn't find V for Vendetta cliche whatsoever. I don't think its a wanna be 1984 or Fahrenheit 451, I think its different from both of those movies. It has great messages and insight about the risks of a too powerful government and at the same time it has a personal twist with the theme of overcoming fear. It has some incredible dialogue as well as an overall compelling plot. And it also has one of those main characters that is evil and good at the same time. This movie and what it stands for will never, ever get old for me.

I didn't find V for Vendetta cliche whatsoever. I don't think its a wanna be 1984 or Fahrenheit 451, I think its different from both of those movies. It has great messages and insight about the risks of a too powerful government and at the same time it has a personal twist with the theme of overcoming fear. It has some incredible dialogue as well as an overall compelling plot. And it also has one of those main characters that is evil and good at the same time. This movie and what it stands for will never, ever get old for me.
Fair enough ! I'll give it another go, maybe I was in far too cynical a mood when I watched it.

"You can't handle the truth"
A Few Good Men

I am the Watcher in the Night
Great quotes guys, some of the movies I haven't even watched and this thread got me watching them. That Lord of War quote is simply epic, I loved that movie and think it is definitely under rated. Here's another one: "There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? "

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
"You know, Jill, you remind me of my mother. She was the biggest whore in Alameda and the finest woman that ever lived. Whoever my father was, for an hour or for a month - he must have been a happy man."

Cheyenne in Once Upon a Time in the West

"Would you like a Ding-Dong? Oh, I don't mean my Ding-Dong. I mean a chocolate Ding-Dong. On the other hand, I guess mine would be chocolate now that I've been dyed." - Jack Kennedy, Bubba Ho-Tep

'From where I stood it looked like you were conjugating some irregular verbs'.

Grace Kelly in To Catch A Thief

The Abyss... is there any scene that doesn't have a classic line?

Godd*mm*it, you b*tch! You never backed away from anything in your life! Now fight! (slaps Lindsey) Fight! (slaps Lindsey again) Fight! Right now! Do it! Fight *********! Fight! Fight! Fiiiiiiiiight!

God, I hate that bitch.
Probably shouldn't have married her then, huh?

Hey! They used to call this The Hammer (holds up fist)

Keep your pantyhose on

Knew this was one way ticket, but you know I had to come

Yeah, what good is the money, six months later your d*ck drops off?

Sniff something?... Did ya, Rat Boy?

Virgil Brigman back on the air

When it comes to the safety of these people, there's me and then there's God, understand?

You're right! I don't need to know! What I need to know is that thing is off this rig! Do you hear me, Roger Ramjet?!

My favourite:
Look, he's operating on his own. He's cut off from his chain of command, he's showing signs of pressure-induced psychosis... and he's got a nuclear weapon.

"What if you could go back in time and take all of those hours of pain and darkness and replace them with something better?" -Gretchen Ross in Donnie Darko

Only life can defeat death- final destination

cherish your love for life-saw

"We may be broke, but were not poor."

Melvin Dumar in Melvin and Howard

The Godfather: Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

The Godfather: Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.
I dug this thread up just to quote this line.

Classic.

Give me all of your candy!
"Even the most promising clues only lead to others."

Morgan Freeman, Seven

We've gone on holiday by mistake
"Has anything you've done made your life better"

Captain Sisko to Tyler Durden in American History X

"You just listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express here and take his advice on a dark and stormy night when the lightnin’s crashin and the thunder’s rollin and the rain’s coming down in sheets thick as lead.... just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the poison arrows fall from the sky and the pillars of heaven shake.... Yeah ol' Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm square in the eye and says gimme your best shot pal, I can take it."