Sinny's Top 100 Sinnys

→ in
Tools    

17 months? I watched about half of my top 100 over a period less of 17 months (when I began to watch films like crazy). I don't believe a top 100 list can stay unchanged for that long.

17 months? I watched about half of my top 100 over a period less of 17 months (when I began to watch films like crazy). I don't believe a top 100 list can stay unchanged for that long.
Well, no, not really. But I wasn't exactly going to start again now, was I?

Like I said in my first post, the rankings from 100 to around 25 are very fluid. Just as easily as I could switch them round in a completely different order on a certain day, I could come up with dozens of films I would happily include in a top 100 that would replace them. But my top 20 is a solid list that has remained unchanged during the past 17 months, and will probably remain unchanged for quite some time.

Honourable mentions...

Aguirre: The Wrath of God (1972, Werner Herzog)

City of God
(2002, Fernando Meirelles)

The Deer Hunter
(1978, Michael Cimino)

Double Indemnity
(1944, Billy Wilder)

The Empire Strikes Back
(1980, Irvin Kershner)

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004, Michel Gondry)

The Fly (1986, David Cronenberg)

Glengarry Glen Ross (1992, James Foley)

The Hidden Fortress (1958, Akira Kurosawa)

High Fidelity
(2000, Stephen Frears)

Ikiru (1952, Akira Kurosawa)

In a Lonely Place (1950, Nicholas Ray)

Inglourious Basterds (2009, Quentin Tarantino)

L.A. Confidential (1997, Curtis Hanson)

Mean Streets (1973, Martin Scorsese)

Network (1976, Sidney Lumet)

Out of Sight
(1998, Steven Soderbergh)

Shadow of a Doubt
(1943, Alfred Hitchcock)

Straw Dogs
(1971, Sam Peckinpah)

Zodiac (2007, David Fincher)

Some great honorable mentions, too. Not that I'd expect anything less

Just want to say cheers to everyone for checking out my list, and for all your comments and encouragement. Much appreciated!

I have a lot more free time now, which means I can start posting more and watch a lot more movies. Now that my top 100 is (finally) out of the way, I'm going to try my best to tick-off as many movies as I can from the MoFo lists. Hopefully I'll see a bunch of movies that I can one day call my favourites. Looking forward to it!

Well, no, not really. But I wasn't exactly going to start again now, was I?

Like I said in my first post, the rankings from 100 to around 25 are very fluid. Just as easily as I could switch them round in a completely different order on a certain day, I could come up with dozens of films I would happily include in a top 100 that would replace them. But my top 20 is a solid list that has remained unchanged during the past 17 months, and will probably remain unchanged for quite some time.
All right. My favorites have changed greatly in little time because I watched many classic movies over a small period of time after I had an epiphany with a movie.

All the films that I've seen on your honourable mentions, I think are great: Aguirre, City of God, The Empire Strikes Back, Inglourious Basterds, Mean Streets, Shadow of a Doubt.

I really want to do a top 100 list now, but going to leave it for that time being until I've filled out more lists and watched more classic directors