Films about Journalism

Tools    

From here you can literally add hundreds of documentaries:
The Panama deception, WMD: Weapons of Mass Deception, etc, etc, etc.
What other documentaries would you recommend?

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.

Not specifically about journalism, but still a brilliant film.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Many good picks mentioned already. One of my absolute favorite films is Sidney Lumet's Network (1976). It's satire at its best and it's as sharp and urgent today as ever. Spike Lee payed homage to Network in his overlooked and often misunderstood Bamboozled (2000), which is a brilliant and daring update of the message delivered in Network 24 years earlier.

Another favorite is Terry Gilliam's Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998) based on gonzo journalist Hunter S. Thompson's semi-autobiographical novel. Enormously entertaining with Johnny Depp at his best.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I loved State of Play! It was an amazing movie with a great plot, great cast, and great acting.

The best film about journalism is a television show. The fifth season of The Wire is amazing.