Movie Trade-Off Game, V2.0

Tools    

Night on Earth

Night on Earth is a collection of 5 taxi rides happening in different American and European cities all on the same night. I ended up watching this in 2 sittings, the first copy I downloaded and didn't have subtitles for Paris, Rome, and Helsinki so I had to wait for a netflix copy to come in.

There were 3 segments that I really loved. New York was hilarious, with great chemistry between all three in the cab. Rome was the best taxi yet as we see Benigni driving around a catholic bishop while trying to confess his sins. I was border line crying as Benigni confesses his once love for pumpkins, sheep, and his brothers wife. The following taxi ride in Helsinki was a very sad story that I felt ended the movie perfectly.

The Los Angeles segment was only okay. I was happiest when the young, chain smoking Winona Ryder finally spit out her chewing gum. The ride in Paris was solid, but it seemed a little too pointless when it was finished.

I will definitely be buying this film, I am glad you recommended it WBader. The third Jarmusch I have seen, and I have loved all 3.

Does anyone else feel the need for a cigarette after watching this film?

Does anyone else feel the need for a cigarette after watching this film?
I felt that way after watching all of his movies..
Just watched Limits of Control today, It's nice to see that he somehow still manages to keep his style of filmmaking intact..

I am beginning to have high regard for him now..

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
^ Oops, I didn't realize there was a seperate tab for write ups after watching.
there's a link to it in the first post of this thread, for future reference.

does anyone still owe a write-up for this round? who's ready for Round 5? let me know, maybe we can get the groups formed this weekend...

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
harry owes me a write up , last i heard he's getten to it this weekend, it wasn't a selection that could be picked up at the local blockbuster.

as for the next round,

I got Snow Angels in the mail today, but probably won't be able to get to it until Monday or Tuesday.

i'm out for the next round. the next couple of weeks are going to be extra busy for me at school/work/life and i already have my own list of ones to get to. hopefully i'll be back for the following round though, it's been an interesting and rewarding experience letting someone else pick for me. i had a lot of fun.

harry owes me a write up , last i heard he's getten to it this weekend, it wasn't a selection that could be picked up at the local blockbuster.
Write-up? Heh, sure. Don't expect much. As for finding the film to view, according to google it took me 0.25 seconds.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I owe one for Iro and he owes one for me.

Suspect's Reviews

does google deliver?
It directs me instantly to a place that "delivers" and I don't even have to get off my ass and walk to the mailbox. Now that's lazy!

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
OK, i'm going to keep track of who has been partnered with who so we can all get new partners for the next round.

but just so you know, i don't plan on partnering up with mark f, since i have no idea what to tell him to watch.