Rate The Favorite Movies List

Tools    

Just like Rate The Avatar, but you rate the last person who posted's favorite movie list (top 10 movie list found in user profile or on right side of avatar banner).

Just like Rate The Avatar, but you rate the last person who posted's favorite movie list (top 10 movie list found in user profile or on right side of avatar banner).
There are some fine movies in your ten, no outright stinkers in my book, but what's most obvious to me is that you must be fairly young and have not discovered anything much older than you are movie-wise. If that Superman you have listed is the 1978 original, then that is the oldest movie on your list, by far. Then you have two from the 1990s, and the rest are from this new century.

As far as the quality of those ten, again, all pretty good flicks. But if those are your top ten I'm going to guess you've seen about seventy-five movies total in your life.

Is that the kind of "rating" you were looking for, or do you want me to go movie by movie?

Pulp Fiction, B+
The Silence of the Lambs, B+
No Country for Old Men, A-
Michael Clayton, B
Juno, B+
Ratatouille, B-
The Queen, B
An Inconvenient Truth, B+
Superman: The Movie (1978), B+
The Incredibles, A-

So for the quality of the films, I guess I'd give your list a B+

If you want a grade for variety and depth of cinematic knowledge and love, I'd give it a C.

But once again you haven't been very clear or specific about what you're looking for, so if there's some other way to "rate" the list I'm not doing, pass it on.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I think your interpretation has to be the correct one, Holds. Or at least, it ought to be -- the only alternative I see is to rate our own lists, and I would hope that we've all seen enough films that all 10 would be a

Some classic films and some obviously personal favourites, a couple i've not heard of and a couple i've not seen so all in all an excellent list.

I think your interpretation has to be the correct one, Holds. Or at least, it ought to be -- the only alternative I see is to rate our own lists, and I would hope that we've all seen enough films that all 10 would be a
Strangely enough, I would only give the top two movies on my own list the old
er. The rest all warrant
or so.

Gilliam chunk, not that it's a bad thing- just not much variety and including Wall-E- the most overrated film this decade.

"A film is a putrified fountain of thought"
Wall-E- the most overrated film this decade.
Thank you! I don't understand why everyone is so obsessed with that movie! I have a special little place in my hatred reservoir for that movie just because it's soo overrated.

For your top 10, I haven't seen 8 1/2 or videodrome but they both look awesome and are on my list. And I hope you're just putting the crow on there because of personal lovage because as a film...oi.
Overall

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I'd give them all of them (that I've seen) anyhere from a
to a

Overall about a

Welcome to the human race...
Individually...

Dogma -

Clerks -

Clerks II -

the Shawshank Redemption -

Chasing Amy -

Across The Universe -
N/A
Psycho -

Toy Story -

Die Hard -

Jersey Girl/Monster Squad
- N/A

Overall, let's say about a

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
The Blues Brothers - 4
Raiders of the Lost Ark - 5
Apocalypse Now - 4
Clerks - 3
Goodfellas - 3.5
Akira - N/A
This Is Spinal Tap - 5
The Warriors - N/A
Harold and Maude - 3.5
Withnail and I - N/A

overall - 3.5

Man, I noticed you didn't have a favourites list, went to the Top 100 thread, pulled the top 10 out, came back and find you wrote up a favourites list in the meantime. Oh, well, here goes...

Children of Men -

The Wizard of Oz -
N/A
The Sound of Music -

Aladdin -

Spirited Away -

25th Hour -

Breakfast at Tiffany's
- N/A
The Station Agent - N/A
Muriel's Wedding - N/A
Amélie -

Overall,

Iroquois' Favorites

The Blues Brothers, A-
Raiders of the Lost Ark, A
Apocalypse Now, A-
Clerks, C+
GoodFellas, A+
Akira, B+
This Is Spinal Tap, A
The Warriors, B-
Harold & Maude, A-
Withnail and I, A-

OVERALL: A-

Chinatown,

Dr. Strangelove,

Lawrence of Arabia,

Casablanca,

Blade Runner,

Rashomon,
N/A
Goodfellas,

North by Northwest,
N/A
Once Upon a Time in the West,

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
, N/A

Overall,

I like the number of cult films over 'classic' films though don't think, as a whole, the list resonates with me. Odd mix but like them all to an average of about

Oldboy,

Evil Dead II,

Blue Velvet,

Chinatown,

Drunken Master,
N/A
Blade Runner,

The Crow,

Videodrome,
N/A
Lost Highway/Mulholland Dr./Inland Empire - only seen Mulholland Dr., and I give that a

8½,

Overall,

You're a Genius all the time
I'd rate 'em thusly...

The Blues Brothers, B+
Raiders of the Lost Ark, A+
Apocalypse Now, B-
Clerks, B-
GoodFellas, B
Akira, never seen it
This Is Spinal Tap, B+
The Warriors, D+
Harold & Maude, B
Withnail and I, B+

It's a nice mix and, outside of The Warriors, I like all of your favorites to one degree or another. Overall, I think I'd give you a high B- or a low B. And keep in mind I'm coming to that grade based in no way on any sort of mathematical or scientific process. Your list just feels to me like a low B or a high B-. I especially like that you list The Blues Brothers as your #1, because, really, anybody who lists The Blues Brothers as their all-time #1 film is probably pretty cool. I should get around to watching Akira.

Thanks for the kind word (and I can understand disliking The Warriors, no biggie). Also, consider Akira highly recommended, there are quite a few fans around here.

Anyway, ratings...

Brazil, A
Bring Me The Head of Alfredo Garcia, never seen it
The Princess Bride, A-
Raiders of the Lost Ark, A+
Raising Arizona, B
Shallow Grave, A-
American Psycho, B-
Modern Romance, never seen it
Punch-Drunk Love, C
Shaun of the Dead, A

Overall, I'd give the list a B+. You've got a handful of some of my dearest favourites, weighed up against the films I didn't see/think that highly of.

Iroquois's List -

My Ratings:

The Blues Brothers -

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark -

Apocalypse Now -

Clerks -

GoodFellas -

Akira -

This is Spinal Tap -

The Warriors -

Harold and Maude -

Withnail and I -