CRASH (Paul Haggis, 2005)

→ in
Tools    

District B13
Although I'm not a fan of the oscar controversy that Crash generated. I think the film was a decent effort at irony that generally succeeded. As previously stated, many of the stereotypes were cliche and the dialogue was almost embarrasingly clumsy, but the cinematography and editing were pretty good. I still think that Munich got jipped, but w/e.

Didnt really appreciate Munich that much :S but thats me

www.forumninja.com
Very good film, IMO, but it didn't deserve the win. As a lot of others here have said, it's extremely transparent and not all of the writing is sharp. The acting and a few strong scenes really save it.

District B13
Originally Posted by Heaper
Didnt really appreciate Munich that much :S but thats me
Munich is the best movie since The Big Lebowski. I don't know if there is a better movie than the Big Lebowski.

crash was an excellent movie. I work at blockbuster and its funny to hear the customers opinions when they return the movei(usually late) when crash came out, it seemed like a lot of rednecks would come back saying, "it wasnt very good, and there was no overall point to it." how can you say that about CRASH??

there is a movie better than lebowski, its one of 3,000 other movies. just kinding man, its pretty good.

A system of cells interlinked
Lebowski is high art, IMO. Brilliant. Crash...isn't....

Best Movie For Sure Definitely Deserves All It's Hype

Originally Posted by Heaper
Looved this film soo much, really opens your eyes that in this modern world everybody is racist or prejudice...we are raised in a world where it is expected and i feel accepted to have preconcived views about people....

I had an argument with a teacher of mine the day after viewin this...she sed she has never been prejudice atall....i said well if i walked up to you in a dark alley with my hood up would you think oh a nice young lad...or would u think better look away or i might get stabbed....

The media makes us this way...along with out uprbringing and to say you are not prejudice atall is naive and you really lack the courage to explore who you really are...

Great film with great cast and good acting defo one to see and buy!!!

I would look right at the hooded person and hopefully not have to stab the hooded them myself. Leaving work at night gives me the luxury of living this experience every day.

Anyway I thought the movie was very moving and the soundtrack really sucked me into the moment.

It was an ok movie.

I loved this movie *so* much. I thought it was beautifully shot and very emotionally true. Thumbs up!

I've seen most of it. I missed the first 30 minutes or so, and in my opinion it isnt that great a movie. Sure the message in it is great and stuff like that but the movie is very boring. That doesnt mean there werent some parts that really got to me. The scene in the car where the african american was laughin at the little statue thing in the car and was gonna take out the same one but the white guy thot he had a gun so he shot him, that part really got to me.

overall its a good movie but a bit over hyped.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
For most people, watching this won't affect them any. I personally thought this movie was well directed, and the cast was superb.

Going back to why I think that this movie won't affect them any is simply because you have to realize that unlike other movies, this stuff happens every day. Yeah, the people involved in this were actors and were told what to do, but in real life, this is just another day in any city all over the world. And so, people just watching this because it's a movie, won't take way the most important thing, this is real.

Sorry, I'm not tryin to be a motivational speaker here. Hope this makes sense. If not, please send me a PM and I'll try to explain my point of view.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

great movie... love to watch it over and over again

This movie really really touched a nerve. It went some places you dont expect a movie to go. It crossed racial barriers. And responded to problems of our time not reflecting on problems of the past like movies often do in fear of criticism. The invisible shield was beyond genius it was godlike. To the audience there was a death and then there was a reincarnation. Amazing!

Filmshot.Blogspot
My Fairly young blog.

Watched this for the first time last night and now wish i'd watched it sooner - loved it! Faultless. Not the kind of film i'd want to watch over and over but It was depressing,f unny, sad, tense, intelligent, warming, confrotational and futile all at once without compromising itself. Probbly won't watch it again as I can imagine it would not be so great a second time

I rarely get that feeling these days when I see a movie, sit back, and just think wow. This is one of those movies. I cannot begin to explain how important it is to see this movie. This is not because it has a message, which it does, but because it is just soo good.

I just saw this movie last night. There were some great performances by actors I wasn't a big fan of going into this movie. The message about racism was great and well-stated, without completely dominating the movie. It was pretty suspenseful, and I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. It was remarkably believable, and just thoroughly entertaining.

4.25/5

Not Enough Time
I like this movie alot. I used to love it and watch it all the time, then I didn't have it for a long time and watched it a few years later and it didn't have the same effect/impact. The directing is really good, also the score.

I love the theme, but I think its a little deeper than racism (not much obviously because that was the point of the film). But it's about not judging people, thinking you know who they are, they're story, etc. Both of the prominent white characters in the film, who are first shown to be racist poopey-faces, are shown that they too have hardships and pain. I think it's more about humanity, and that yes we do make these snap judgements of people, and they may or may not be wrong, but when it comes down to it we all have feelings, pain and hardships. And also, that this world and the human race can be really messed up, but there are good people too and good things about life. There is a chaotic beauty about life as things crash into each other and cause other things to happen, a whole mess of long chain reactions.

We've all got hell, just different demons.

One of my favorite lines is the beginning "We're always behind this metal and glass. I think we miss that touch so much, that we crash into each other, just so we can feel something."

Amazing movie. Must be watched from beginning to end.