Top 5 movies adapted from books?

Tools    

Werckmeister Harmonies and Satantango are based on books too.
But they lost their "literary quality" in a similar way that Stalker lost is science fiction quality when it was adapted by Tarkovsky.

My top 5 fav. movies adapted from novels (just scrolling down from my top 200 and selecting the movies that were adapted from novels that show up first):

1 - Nausicaa
2 - Stalker
3 - Apocalypse Now
4 - Grave of the Fireflies
5 - Kiki's Delivery Service

1. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
2. The Shining
3. The Shawshank Redemption
4. Silence of the Lambs
5. Harry Potter
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
But they lost their "literary quality" in a similar way that Stalker lost is science fiction quality when it was adapted by Tarkovsky.

My top 5 fav. movies adapted from novels (just scrolling down from my top 200 and selecting the movies that were adapted from novels that show up first
I don't quite see losing their literary quality as being a bad thing, as long as it's replaced with cinematic quality which is the case with both Tarr and Tarkovsky.

Just out of curiosity, what would be your favorite movie adapted from another print medium, not a novel but, a manga perhaps?

I don't quite see losing their literary quality as being a bad thing, as long as it's replaced with cinematic quality which is the case with both Tarr and Tarkovsky.
Agree.

Just out of curiosity, what would be your favorite movie adapted from another print medium, not a novel but, a manga perhaps?
Manga is a type of novel (it's a "graphic novel"). Nausicaa is a manga (it's on the web here: http://www.mangareader.net/nausicaa-...f-the-wind/1/8) the other 4 in my top 5 are from non-graphic novels.

You're joking right..?
It's in his top 100, so I'm gonna say no.

But to each their own. Maybe there is something to love about that series, but I haven't found it in the 2 that I've watched.

I find curious that so many girls here are using male avatars like Teeter G, while it's very common for males to use females avatars in the internet I didn't think so about the inverse.

A Clockwork Orange
The Shining
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
The Shawshank Redemption
No Country For Old Men
Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas
Mystic River

http://bradmovietalk.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

1. The Shawshank Redemption.
2. Gone with the Wind.
3. Wizard of Oz.
4. The Treasure of the Sierra Madre.
5. L.A. Confidential.

Honorable Mentions:
1. The Godfather (Novel>Movie).
2. The Help.
3. Big Fish.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Name your Top 5 (or even Top 10) movies based on a book.

My Top 5:

1. Lord of the Rings (All three)
2. The Godfather
3. Trainspotting
4. Jurassic Park
5. Silence of the Lambs
Jurassic Park all day long baby. And Lord of the Rings is definitely numero uno IMO.