Actors with the most friendly faces (or overall presence)

Tools    

The truth is in here
Some actors exude warmth right away just by looking at them. There's something about the eyes or their smile which really gives you a pleasant feeling.

Just watched this brilliant actor in Monsieur Ibrahim. It's a nicely written story in general, but what especially sells it is the amount of compassion and understanding Omar Sharif shows with his eyes. He is just like a kind old man who loves nothing more than to talk to young people and tell them his stories and knowledge about life.

I could go on about what makes Gene Wilder a particular standout, but most of all it's his voice. It's so soothing and easy on the ears (except for when he's yelling of course). It almost has a lullaby-esque quality to it.

This probably comes as no surprise, but just because it's predictable doesn't mean he's not worth mentioning. Just like Wilder it's in his voice in particular which speaks to the man's endearing inner qualities. Although he dealt with a lot of psychological issues, his passion for making people laugh or cry always came through.

Ever since Carrie I've been charmed by Sissy Spacek. Nobody could have portrayed the vulnerable beauty better than her. In a world where dimples on women too often are frowned upon, it gave her smile an extra edge of cuteness.

I never thought of Robin Williams as exuding a warm pleasant feeling. Even before he committed suicide, I remember I'd see him on TV talk shows and while he was always funny, it was like watching a sad clown performing for the audience.

It's tough to find many friendly or "nice" actresses today. That classic female demeanor has been mostly purged. But here's one of the incomparable June Allyson:

Gene Wilder's a good, non-intuitive choice. He's often played a smarmy straight man, but somehow never comes off as particularly mean. Just one of those people I guess.

Not showing up in the actual thread for some reason, but that's a brilliant tweet. lol
Presumably because you have an overzealous ad blocker that mislabels any JavaScript it doesn't recognize as an ad.

Some actors exude warmth right away just by looking at them. There's something about the eyes or their smile which really gives you a pleasant feeling.

Just watched this brilliant actor in Monsieur Ibrahim. It's a nicely written story in general, but what especially sells it is the amount of compassion and understanding Omar Sharif shows with his eyes. He is just like a kind old man who loves nothing more than to talk to young people and tell them his stories and knowledge about life.

I could go on about what makes Gene Wilder a particular standout, but most of all it's his voice. It's so soothing and easy on the ears (except for when he's yelling of course). It almost has a lullaby-esque quality to it.

This probably comes as no surprise, but just because it's predictable doesn't mean he's not worth mentioning. Just like Wilder it's in his voice in particular which speaks to the man's endearing inner qualities. Although he dealt with a lot of psychological issues, his passion for making people laugh or cry always came through.

Ever since Carrie I've been charmed by Sissy Spacek. Nobody could have portrayed the vulnerable beauty better than her. In a world where dimples on women too often are frowned upon, it gave her smile an extra edge of cuteness.
Maybe it's just me, but I've never really thought of Omar Sharif as having a friendly face. I've always found his face to be just a tad on the sinister side.