The Office

Tools    

Originally Posted by removed by jrs
With the way the show ended, the strike going on as far as it is, and them so into doing movies that might the way for them to go on......NOT the reason why I stated the show is done.
Well apparently jrs has gone back and removed all of the posts where he implied "The Office" was going off the air, but in case anybody remembers that, now that the WGA strike is over the series has gone back into production. Of course. Starting April 10th the first of six new episodes to wrap up this abbreviated season will begin. That will give the fourth season fourteen episodes, about two-thirds of a regular season.

Perhaps jrs will be back to tell us why those will be the last six ever?

"Dunder Mifflin, this is Pam."

April 10th, 2008
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Steve Carell Leaving 'The Office': CONFIRMED

Steve Carell is leaving 'The Office' next May, E! confirms.

Carell told BBC in April that his contract expires at the end of this season and he did not plan to renew it. Now he has made it clear he wasn't just holding out for a better salary.

"I just think it's time," Carell told E! "I want to fulfill my contract. When I first signed on I had a contract for seven seasons, and this coming year is my seventh. I just thought it was time for my character to go."

Somehow he sees the show going on without Michael Scott.

"The show is great, and the ensemble is so strong, and the writers are great, so it's just one part of that ensemble drifting off," he said. "They've incorporated so many new characters and so many new, great storylines that I have no doubt it'll continue as strong if not stronger than ever."

Source: Huffington Post

This is bad news, I'm afraid.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
It sucks Carrell is leaving-- this show (IMO) has not jumped the shark yet; due to the amazing writers and actors.

The Office is an American comedy television series broadcast by NBC. An adaptation of the BBC series The Office, it depicts the everyday lives of office employees in the Scranton, Pennsylvania branch of the fictional Dunder Mifflin Paper Company. To simulate the look of an actual documentary, it is filmed in a single-camera setup, without a studio audience or a laugh track.

Wikipedia is a free, web-based, collaborative, multilingual encyclopedia project supported by the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation. Its name is a portmanteau of the words wiki (a technology for creating collaborative websites, from the Hawaiian word wiki, meaning "quick") and encyclopedia.

I had to bring this back. Anyone been watching Carell's final days? What do you all think? I can't believe he's really leaving- I feel like I'm losing a friend.

I really enjoyed the song at the end of last weeks episode. I like when everyone in the office gets emotional.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Caught the last ep where he left. It was nice.

Suspect's Reviews

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
Yeah, the last episode was great, I thought they ended it perfectly! I'm a little concerned about the future of the show though, not really liking the thought of Michael being replaced, especially with the cast they have lined up to be guest stars next season. Haven't decided which one of them i would rather see end up permanently on the show, assuming that's the route they go.

His last episode had me in tears. I thought they did it perfectly. I didn't watch last night but I'm not sure I'm going to watch it anymore- I felt like that could've ended the show. I'm still undecided. However, I WILL watch Jim Carrey whenever he's on.

He's the only one who could fill Michael's shoes but he'd cost the show wayyy too much money.

I am the Watcher in the Night
Personally I believe The Office should have ended after season 4. From that point on the show started a downward spiral. The gags just weren't funny enough and the whole "reality" aspect of the show lost meaning, with ever more ridiculous stories and scenes entering the fold. The British version still stands heads and shoulders above the American BUT the first 4 seasons more than held their own, which is no mean feat. With Carrel leaving, the show just became funny for all the wrong reasons.

I am the Watcher in the Night
Wow, reading my last post...I thought there'd be more people who watch the show or saw the season finale. Well, the show sort of fell apart in it's last 3 seasons or so and when Michael left it all became a sad imitation of a once great comedy series...then came the season finale.

This is what I thought after watching the final ever episode of The Office: An American Workplace

"This final season seemed to get worse as it dragged on and had me wishing that the show had just died after Micheal's departure...but then the miraculous happened, it got better. Rarely does a show get better halfway into it's final season, a season which was utterly irredeemable at first.

Greg Daniels, the crew, the cast and everyone else involved upped their game, all of a sudden and for the briefest stint of maybe 4 episodes, The Office was the best show on. I'm not sure how the transformation occurred, I don't know if it was just the nostalgia, what I do know is that it was magical. Call me pretentious or "gay" (as Kevin would think ) for feeling this way but The Office ended the way it had begun, with heart."

And that is the best thing that can be said for a show that was as heavily criticised in it's final years as this. No Carrel, a group of writers who didn't know where to go with their characters, a poor run of celebrity guest bosses...but in the end it was forgiven, like you would forgive a family member for making a million stupid mistakes because that's what great TV shows become, they are part of the family.

I mostly agree with everything your saying. They did have a good five episode run after Carrel left but quickly went off the rails after that. Some of the Dwight story lines the past couple of years have been some of the worst tv I have ever seen. I soldiered through and while I didnt like the past couple of episodes as much as some, I did think they tied things up nicely. The retrospective was very enjoyable. I will always think of The Office as Carrel's show and will continue to watch the first four seasons as it is the funniest tv, this side of Seinfeld, ever.

In honor of the last episode of The Office I wanted to do a compilation of my five favorite episodes ever. It's easy to forget that this was one of the funniest shows ever for the first few seasons it was on. It is a shame it crawled out the way it did. Lucky for us in this day and age we have syndication so it will live forever.

Favorite Office Episode #5-Stress Relief:

The only episode in my top 5 not in the first four seasons. When this aired may have been the perfect storm of happiness for me. My favorite show returning after the Super Bowl my favorite day of the year, and it was my birthday to boot. I have never laughed as hard as I did the first 20-30 minutes if this episode. From Dwight slicing a face off the CPR dummy to Angela trying to throw her cat to Oscar on the ceiling. Complete chaos and laughter. Great episode.

Stanley! Stanley! You will not die! Stanley! Stanley!
Barack is President! You are black, Stanley!

Jim, you're 6'11", and you weigh 90 pounds. Gumby has a better body than you. Boom. Roasted. Dwight, you're a kiss-ass. Boom. Roasted. Pam, you failed art school. Boom. Roasted. Meredith, you've slept with so many guys you're starting to look like one. Boom. Roasted. Kevin, I can't decide between a fat joke and a dumb joke. Boom. Roasted. Creed, your teeth called, your breath stinks. Boom. Roasted. Angela, where's Angela? Well, there you are. I didn't see you behind that grain of rice. Boom. Roasted. Stanley, you crush your wife during sex and your heart sucks. Boom. Roasted.

It's very unusual for Michael not to show up to work. My guess, he's either deeply depressed or an icicle has snapped off his roof and impaled his brain. He has this terrible habit of standing directly underneath them and staring up at them. And I always say, "Michael, take two steps back and stare at the icicle from the side." And he's like, "No, I like the way they look from standing directly underneath them." It was only a matter of time.

Just finished the original (British) The Office for the first time in my life. BRILLIANT SHOW!
It's absolutely hilarious and I can't count the amount of laughs I've had while watching it, but I also think it can be extremely depressing at times (especially during the second season and the christmas specials). It exposes some very painful truths about what life can be and at times it's truly devastating. The show isn't afraid to get really ugly at certain moments.

Profound and highly entertaining television! Ricky Gervais is fanatastic.