The MoFo Top Animated Films List - Voting

→ in
Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Felt the same way lol.

I was like, "Okay I will start off with all my favourites... Now, onto the filling on the last few spots, how many I got so far... F*cking 32..." wtf happened

I did the same thing. I started off with my favorites, and then watched a lot more animations, and before I knew it, my list was over 50. So I narrowed it down to 25, and I figured that all I had to do was figure out the order, but then I watched some more animations, including a whole bunch of Pixar shorts and "Peanuts" TV specials, and before I knew it, my list grew too big again.

I finally narrowed it down to 25 again, and I must have changed the order and the last few entries a dozen times before I submitted my list.

I'm not sure that I'm 100% satisfied with my list, but the only way to stop changing it was to submit it.

I was shocked and saddened at how many of my original favorites ended up getting cut from my final list, including some Disney childhood favorites.

Why doesn't it make sense? It IS a documentary. An animated one.
I never said it didn't make sense, I'm just annoyed since I used the filters 'Animation' and 'Feature film' on my IMDb account (I did this because I feel I've not seen any animated short worthy of being in my list, so I wanted IMDb to show my highest rated animated feature films only), and when I did that, Waltz with Bashir didn't show in my list of animated films I've rated since it's listed as documentary and not a feature film.

So yeah, technically it's my fault still. I realized my mistake only once I removed the 'Feature film' filter and left just the 'Animation' filter. Maybe it's something I should have done before sending my list and not after.

What's the list count at?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

The ones listed on the first page total 60. And I'm getting mine in either this evening or tomorrow morning. I'm sure a handful of others are gonna wait for the last minute, too. Let's see how high we can get it!

Master of My Domain
I'm gonna submit my list just like I enter a buying price on eBay.

Pressing that button at the last possible second.

I'm expecting to receive at least another ten ballots.

There are 65 people on my "People to Harass List" who will be receiving PMs from me tomorrow morning if they've not sent their ballots in by then.

Is The Pagemaster eligible?
I haven't seen it in a while, but if I remember correctly, it was mostly animated, with small live action segments at the beginning and end of the movie, similar to The Phantom Tollbooth.
I can't seem to find much about the amount of live action in The Pagemaster, so unless anybody who has seen the film disagrees with gbg's assessment, I'm going to call it eligible.

Vote soon, and vote Up, people.

If you guys get Up high enough, I'll finally post that massive analysis of the film I'm always talking about. It'll be a grand unveiling, like this:

And even if I have no idea who you are, I'll be all like:

(Okay, I'm posting it before too long either way. But vote for it anyway.)

I never said it didn't make sense, I'm just annoyed since I used the filters 'Animation' and 'Feature film' on my IMDb account (I did this because I feel I've not seen any animated short worthy of being in my list, so I wanted IMDb to show my highest rated animated feature films only), and when I did that, Waltz with Bashir didn't show in my list of animated films I've rated since it's listed as documentary and not a feature film.

So yeah, technically it's my fault still. I realized my mistake only once I removed the 'Feature film' filter and left just the 'Animation' filter. Maybe it's something I should have done before sending my list and not after.
Yeah, that's understandable. I didn't even realize it was a documentary until about half way through anyway, as you don't expect there to be many animated documentaries. And sorry, I was asking cricket why it didn't make sense to him, I should have made that more clear. Seems like he doesn't know it's a documentary? Just quoted you both to include the film title.

Ballots for the MoFo Top Animated Films Countdown are due at midnight Pacific Time TONIGHT!!!

This is your final reminder!!!

Those of you waiting until the last minute, make sure you don’t wait too long. Get together a list of up to 25 animated features and shorts, in order of preference, and send them to me via private message A.S.A.P.!!!

Make sure you review the rules and guidelines and have a look over the list of ineligible films before finalizing your ballot and get those to me before midnight my time tonight. I will not accept any late ballots!!!

So get those lists together and get them in!!

There are just 12 hours left until the deadline.
(So maybe that other reminder I posted this morning wasn't really the final one)

So far I've received 67 ballots and 309 films have received votes. But I'm not satisfied. I know there are still a bunch of active MoFos who have not yet turned in their lists. I WANT MORE!

So keep them coming, people!

There are just 12 hours left until the deadline.
(So maybe that other reminder I posted this morning wasn't really the final one)

So far I've received 67 ballots and 309 films have received votes. But I'm not satisfied. I know there are still a bunch of active MoFos who have not yet turned in their lists. I WANT MORE!

So keep them coming, people!

I will turn in my list very very soon.