Age and Location?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I ask this with my mind on movies. Age makes a difference if you've lived during the 60's for example, instead of someone like me who only knows through studying, music, film, literature, etc.. Also, I think a lot of us likes foreign films, and so where we live can be interesting, and maybe we'd get a better perception when we see a movie review, from the perspective of someone who could be in our age group, location group, and those who are not, to get a good grasp on where everyone is coming from..

32, USA.

Matt good thread!

I find myself wondering this to. People can't be judged by their age, sex or where they live BUT it does influence their movie choices. I find myself referring to a poster as a he or she, and then I stop and think I don't know there gender.

Me:
Early 50s
Male
Washington state, USA

Forty-Four. Maryland, USA.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I see that my addition The King of Freeziness stays strong!

I'm 20 and from Poland.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Master of My Domain
22 from Seoul, South Korea

but my heart is always in Europe... *sigh*

I think gender is every bit as important as age. I'm not sure how much location really matters because most movies reflect western culture and values.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
18, Queensland, Australia.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
30 North England(equivalent of Deep South USA ) , UK

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I'm a guy by the way...

I miss Europe too

(And Australia and Thailand) -- wish I would have seen some Art Movie Houses there, but I'm sure I could have looked harder.

I think gender is every bit as important as age. I'm not sure how much location really matters because most movies reflect western culture and values.
Could you please explain it to me how gender is as important as age, women are sensitive in what men are not, it's kind of like yin and yang so I don't see how it makes any difference, as one gets the blind spot of the other.

Eitherway 20 and living in Spain, also female.

I'll answer you question Tenshi. It's nice to know the gender of the person who you're talking to so that you don't refer to them by the wrong gender.

I've seen your post but I had no idea if your male or female. For example what if I was saying on another thread: "Did you read Tenshi's movie review? That guy really knows his stuff." See what I mean?