Halloween Horror Challenge

Tools    

You have to watch this movie with a group of friends, specifically a funny group of friends. You would then have a blast.
hahaha maybe but I was alone and I find it pretty awful but you're maybe right

Cannibal: The Musical (1996) - Trey Parker
Fun low budget horror movie but the songs get kind of annoying.
+

Tokyo Fist (1995) - Shinya Tsukamoto
Tsukamoto brings his unique brand of horror to a boxing movie ... and it works really well.

Movies: 8

Just here for the free donuts
Just finish ...

The Last House On The Left (2009) - Dennis Iliadis
- Good movie with some disturbing very violent scenes but it's very long per moment .... the acting is nice , the storyline is nice and the atmosphere of the whole movie is quite good. The Ending is awesome and it's the best part imo.

Movies:5
Have you seen the original from 1972? So brutal and disturbing.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I'm not sure if I'm carrying through with this, but this is what I've seen the first 3 1/2 days.

The Sacrament (Ti West, 2014)
- Not a supernatural horror, but a real-life one with West doing his version of Jonestown with something akin to found-footage technique;

Planet Terror (Robert Rodriguez, 2007)
Sci-fi horror resembling a cheapo '70s flick with some well-timed laughs and gore but a little too obvious.

Pumpkinhead II: Blood Wings (Jeff Burr, 1994)
The monster from Pumpkinhead gets resurrected and possessed by a new spirit before it goes on a rampage in this fair-but-lesser sequel.

Creepshow (George A. Romero, 1982)
+ Romero teams up with Stephen King to make a five-part horror which is never as good as it should be, but still offers some horror comic entertainment, especially the E.G. Marshall cockroach finale.

Open Grave (Gonzalo López-Gallego, 2013)
As much a mystery as a horror, this atmospheric thriller has some gore but it's not really its reason for being.

Night Train to Terror (5 Directors, 1985)
Camp Rating:
Totally-insane mishmash edited together from other films which tells three idiotic stories while God and Satan talk on a train and an '80s "rock band" plays songs in one of the train cars. More fun than a barrel of rabid monkeys.

No One Lives (Ryûhei Kitamura, 2012)
Competing serial killers find out slowly but surely who's the deadliest and goriest.

Grave Encounters 2 (John Poliquin, 2012)
A film student becomes obsessed with a horror film and it affects his own film work and life. Cheap but gory.

Day of the Dead 2: Contagium (Ana Clavell & James Dudelson, 2005)
Mostly-boring retake/sequel to the Romero flick with most of the gore effects at the beginning and the end.

Dead Before Dawn (April Mullen, 2012)
+ Decent horror film with doses of comedy but a few surprising, shocking moments. By far the best of the 2/5 movies here, but not up to 2.5.

Resurrection County (Matt Zettell, 2008)
Slow-starting camping trip flick turns into familiar torture horror, maybe more believable and better-acted than most

10 movies - 10 pts.

Little Otik (2000; Jan Svankmajer) - Delectably weird piece of cinema from Svankmajer, whom I'm starting to love. It's listed as a comedy on IMDb, but I didn't really see anything funny about it. It just had an off-kilter atmosphere, which is the only explanation I can think of that it would be listed as such.

Movies: 1
Love that film. I lent someone the DVD and never got it back

Cannibal: The Musical and What Ever Happened to Baby Jane are horror films?
Yeah and I agree that Death Proof fits into an expanded definition of horror - serial killer movie where someone's leg comes off - that's horror

Grave Encounters 2 (John Poliquin, 2012)
A film student becomes obsessed with a horror film and it affects his own film work and life. Cheap but gory.[/b]
the first one rock !

A Serbian Film (rewatch) (2010) Srdjan Spasojevic
- The most goriest and disturbing movie that I've ever seen. The Ending is brutal and shocking and the storyline is very gory in all aspects. But I enjoy it and like it. Not For everyone...
+

Movies:7

What about Joy Ride? That's sort of a cross between The Hitcher, Road Games and Duel.
I've seen The Hitcher and Duel and I prefer by far Joy Ride to both of them....

I wouldn't call myself a horror fan. I like and love plenty of horror films, but it’s never been a genre I ever indulged in… until now.

I was actually planning on checking off some more horror films during October anyway, and I have some foreign-language and silent films on my watch-list already, so this challenge sounds great to me! I haven't started yet, mind you. But I will fix that right now... I'm about to watch Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses.