Oscar Isaac for an Oscar?

Tools    

I am the Watcher in the Night
I got to watch "Inside Llewyn Davis" pretty late, having already watched most of the other Oscar contenders and was convinced Matt Mac deserved the Oscar, his turn in The Dallas Buyer's Club is just so intense and multi-layered, I couldn't think of a better performance that year, apart from possible his own in True Detective (a HBO show you all have to watch!).

Then, a few weeks back, I decided to watch Inside Llewyn Davis and was surprised but just how good Oscar Isaac is. Now I've seen Drive and Robin Hood but he really didn't have much to do in those films, the former belonged to Gosling and the latter was crap. Yet here he was, being directed by the Cohens and giving one of the most nuanced and subtle performances I have ever seen...yes ever.

In 'Club, you see Matt Mac give a performance that is very much of the times, a maverick that's despicable yet somehow likable. Isaac however has given a performance that harkens to a quieter mode of story telling, yes his career too is quite unlikable but he grows on the audience, a lot of it is due to Isaac's natural charm but much of it is because his performance is never in your face, a bit like DDL in Abraham or De Niro in Godfather Part II.

Isaac really should have won an Oscar and now that he has been cast in Star Wars Ep 7, I'm finally looking forward to the film.

What do you guys think?

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

I think possibly, it's a really shame he wasn't nominated as I loved his performance and the film. Was a tough year, but I probably prefer him slightly over McConaughey too. Looking forward to seeing how he's cast in SW7.