Lets Talk Football

Tools    

Poch has said that a few times in the last week, pre and post game. I'm going with the theory that says he's just angling for funds to be spent

(Although, given his enormous reactions to it all, maybe he has pegged his Tottenham time to 'Aim big, win that thing, then that's this chapter closed'?)
Yeah Levy will do whatever it takes regardless of the final hopefully, with the stadium comes the budget, they seem to communicate in the right way so I'm praying it stays like that

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48165997

City won. Insane season this was.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Hoping you all have an exciting last day of the prem guys, it's great for the impartials
Was exciting for roughly one minute, when Murray scored. It went downhill after the minute ended.

But kudos to City. They might be financially doped, but they played well and deserved the title.

Next year should be a hell lot interesting.

Hoping you all have an exciting last day of the prem guys, it's great for the impartials
Was exciting for roughly one minute, when Murray scored. It went downhill after the minute ended.

But kudos to City. They might be financially doped, but they played well and deserved the title.

Next year should be a hell lot interesting.
That's the only off-putting thing about City for me, the finance fudging, FFP will come down hard on someone soon I think and City or PSG would be my bet.
I like Pep, I Praise a lot of their squad, but I also pull a weird face when having discussions about them lol

I like Pep, I Praise a lot of their squad, but I also pull a weird face when having discussions about them lol
Same problem - I've found the best way to avoid this is simply to not discuss Man City with anyone that has a weird face

A season which started with pretty low expectations finished worse than feared and with even less hope than I started with. The only good thing about the last two games is that there's not been any papering over the cracks. This is how bad things are at United. This is what's needed to improve. Thankfully Ole has already set his sights at top 4 next season. No mentions of coming back next season and seeing what happens in terms of the title. That's already gone. Here's wishing Woodward would follow it. The only way I can see things turning around on the pitch (other than pure chance, of course) is getting things right off it and that starts with the man whose time at the top must be over. Mistake after mistake and it's the managers who pay. Usually I'd agree (the reason managers get sacked is because it's too expense to sack the players, we know this is usually the case) but Woodward is just one man. He can be removed from his position. I understand that he makes United a lot of money. That's because he's really good at that side of the job. So make that his sole responsibility.

Congrats to City and thank you for denying Liverpool. It still hurts to have City at the top, but it hurts a lot less (now) than Liverpool winning again will.

@Doolallyfrank, it seems like someone is listening to you.

New York Times is reporting that Manchester City could be banned from the UEFA Champions League not technically due to FFP but for lying about their sponsorship deals i.e. providing false information.

They could be banned for the upcoming season, or the season after that.

@Doolallyfrank, it seems like someone is listening to you.

New York Times is reporting that Manchester City could be banned from the UEFA Champions League not technically due to FFP but for lying about their sponsorship deals i.e. providing false information.

They could be banned for the upcoming season, or the season after that.
I have friends in high places
Watch out PSG, vous êtes le prochain
I don't think it'll bother City apart from the income, the fans already "boo" during the Champions League theme at the games anyway

It's been an awful season for a United. fan. Our own performances (bar the Ole start) have been largely woeful and have left us 6th, in a four team mini-league with Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea which I fear we might not even make it into next year if Wolves or Everton kick on. Add to this the almost unstoppable forces which are Liverpool and City. The former may become CL winners (and are in a second consecutive final) while the latter are already cup and league winners and can add the FA Cup this Saturday. It's all very depressing.

So, I hope you'll forgive me (or at least understand) if I find a little pleasure in Leeds throwing away their best chance in years to get back into the Premier League. They looked odds on to qualify automatically a couple of months ago and since then have slowly fallen apart. It didn't look like the Bielsa fade was going to occur. But it kicked in just in time. A narrow win over Derby in the first leg and a lead in the second and then.... Ah..... Sweet, blessed Derby. Just yesterday on the radio I heard a Leeds fan confident of a win and talking about how the Premier League needs Leeds United to be there because they're such a big club. With this result we're all saved from these muppets for another season. Long may it continue.

I think it'll be tough for Derby to get past Villa. They're in a rich vein of form and have come on strong in the home straight (to mix my sporting metaphors) but I hope they do.

Come on you Rams!

Also, I'm assuming we all think Griezman is going to Barca? There's going to have to be some clear out at that club this summer. de Jong already in, with de Ligt and Griezman probably following? That's a lot of money to get back. Maybe United will have some chance of picking up one or two decent players this summer after all?

Lastly, I keep hearing Isco is leaving/unwanted at Real. Can someone point out to me why this is? Is he not as good as I think he is? Or is there some background thing/personality problem I'm unaware of? Seems like far too good a player to be getting rid of unless you aren't going to have his position in your formation and I seem to remember that Zidane played him often enough last time around.

Slightly disagree with you, mate. The Premier League needs Leeds. And more so, there was the prospect of Bielsa coming to the league. I can understand you enjoying that, though.

I am supporting Derby too, for the Scouse Torres aka Wilson.

Not really surprised how they have gone off the boil. Bielsa's approach is so intense that this happens to his sides. Plus the Championship is such a long and demanding league. Which is why finishing in the top two was important for them. This is where Benitez was smart with Newcastle. I won't be surprised if Biesla leaves.

As for the transfers from Barca. You guys taking a punt on Coutinho would be a terrible idea. He is not the kind of player you need. And he needs hardworking players around him to excel. We had the likes of Henderson, Gini, Mane and Firmino working for him.

Surprised by the Isco rumours. He was Zidane's favourite. Was sidelined by Solari, but Zidane's return should be good for him.
The player he doesn't want is Bale. But his wages and prize will mean no one will buy him. Madrid will most probably have to pay part of his wages, even if they sell him.

Heard you are linked with Rabiot again and Wan Bissaka. The Palace fullback would be a class signing.

Slightly disagree with you, mate. The Premier League needs Leeds. And more so, there was the prospect of Bielsa coming to the league. I can understand you enjoying that, though.
Oh, I'd love to see Bielsa in the Premier League, just not Leeds.

I won't be surprised if Biesla leaves.
Me neither. Which is all the sweeter.

As for the transfers from Barca. You guys taking a punt on Coutinho would be a terrible idea. He is not the kind of player you need.
I completely agree. Really good player, but not who or what we need.

The player he doesn't want is Bale. But his wages and prize will mean no one will buy him. Madrid will most probably have to pay part of his wages, even if they sell him.
Yep. I saw his agent the other day saying that he's going nowhere. I think it's probably the starting point for negotiations, but he's got three years left on his contract and we're talking something like £600,000 a week. Plus, he's been there for years and he and his family are settled now. Madrid is a nice place to live. I think unless he's determined to play anywhere else and will take the pay cut required (or Real will pay a significant percentage of his wages), I don't think he'll go.

Casemiro, Dani Carvajal, Llorente and Isco are all said to be wanted gone with him. Marcelo too, I think, but I think that might be partly what he wants.

Heard you are linked with Rabiot again and Wan Bissaka. The Palace fullback would be a class signing.
I have to be honest. I'm desperate to hear that we've signed Wan Bissaka. I've been keeping an eye on him for much of the season and I think he'd be perfect for United. Young, pace, ability and the much desired Premier League experience.

If Dybala is on the market then I'd like to see us go for him, but only if it doesn't stop us getting the defenders we desperately need.

I still wonder if Rabiot will end up at Barca? I guess it depends on who they get in and out this summer? Rafinha, Coutinho, Rakatic and Malcom are all said to be on the list to move on this summer.

Oh, I'd love to see Bielsa in the Premier League, just not Leeds.
Yeah, don't expect any impartiality from HK when it comes to Leeds - he once voted against a song of mine in a tournament purely on the basis that it mentioned that *glorious city in the title

(*full disclosure - I have no idea what Leeds is actually like, never been there)

Yeah, don't expect any impartiality from HK when it comes to Leeds - he once voted against a song of mine in a tournament purely on the basis that it mentioned that *glorious city in the title

(*full disclosure - I have no idea what Leeds is actually like, never been there)
What can I say? I'm a nice, reasonable human being. But because I'm human, I can also be really petty and hateful. They just push my buttons more than anyone else. At least Liverpool actually are a big club and have the trophies in the cabinet and history to back it up. Sure, I hate them, but there's respect there too.

Arsenal are so fragile. I thought they dominated the game for the majority of the first half. In the second, after conceding, they just collapsed.

It's a shame that Hazard is leaving Chelsea. It weakens a rival, but the league loses one of its prized asset.

It will be interesting to see if Sarri stays at Chelsea. Italian media is reporting that he is favourite to take over at Juventus. This win improves his chances.

He is just not suited for Chelsea and it's culture. Of course, with higher profile and aging players at Juventus it actually makes the rumours of him joing them even more bizarre. If he hated the culture at Chelsea, and it showed several times, I can't see how he will enjoy his time in Turin.

After that I'm left wondering if Spurs can bridge the gap between the top two and the rest of us next season? If not, we'll just have the enjoy the first few weeks of the season when we're all only a few points behind them.