Huston Texans

Tools    

Okay I went to the Anti-Bud Adams page to see what it was about.
Houston Texans? Could they come up with a cheesier name than that? Wtf??
Actually I'm a fan of the Titans for the last two years. What other expansion teams are they going to have? Do you know the names and cities? I'm a big NFL fan.

The Texans are entering the NFL alone. There aren't any other teams coming in with them. Adding the Texans will actually bring the number of teams to 32. It's at 31 now with the new Cleveland Browns having been added to the League in 1999.

Most people I know were disappointed by the choice of the Texans name. The logo looks good, I think (it's a stylized bull's head. The logo is actually on the Anti-Bud page on the link to the Texans Archive page). The team's owner, Bob McNair, spent about a year having focus groups, etc. about the name, and Texans was actually the most popular choice from what I udnerstand. I'd have preferred something else, but the Texans name is growing on me. By the time the team begins play in 2002, the name won't bother me anymore.

Hey hey... Texans is not cheesy. At first I was kind of blah about the name but it's starting to wear on me. The logo makes up for any bad thoughts I had on the name. One thing for sure is that McNair seems to be building a first class organization, unlike Bud "insert foot into mouth" Adams. I can't wait for football to be back in "Huston" so that I can be *cleansed* of all of my Oilers nightmares. =)

Lol, well I kinda like the logo too but it makes me think of the US Postal Service.
They should have a little texan peeing on a Dallas Cowboy helmet like one of those stickers people put on the back window of their cars.

You're a Titans fan? BOOOOO!!! I can't wait until the Titans come back to Houston to play the Texans. That is going to be EPIC!