Introduction

Tools    

I'm 20 years old, still learning more and more about films everyday. The reason I chose to sign up is because I'd like to learn more about movies, because I really don't know much at all. I would like to watch more films and I would like to document my progress, keep a journal perhaps, and this place appeals to me because it seems like a fun and more interactive way to keep track of the films I watch. I also am hoping to get recommendations and discover films that I may have never heard of before. I used to view films simply as a form of entertainment but now, I think of them more as art. I enjoy foreign cinema, horror, film noir and many more genres. My favorite films are constantly changing since I am always discovering new things. Some recent favorites include:
  • Whiplash
  • 8 1/2
  • Mirror
  • Fargo
  • Autumn Sonata
  • Eraserhead

I hope to be able to be active on this forum. However, working 8 hours a day, 5 days a week and being a full time father may get in the way.

Welcome aboard, this is a great place to discover films you may have never heard of before and expand your library, I have a shopping list now of stuff I need to watch thanks to this place

MC for the Great Underground Circus
  • Eraserhead

I hope to be able to be active on this forum. However, working 8 hours a day, 5 days a week and being a full time father may get in the way.
I like you already.

WELCOME!

• Whiplash
  • 8 1/2
  • Mirror
  • 8 1/2
  • Autumn Sonata
  • Eraserhead

HI there Eli, I've seen from your list Whiplash, 8 1/2 (I liked La Dolce Vita much better thou), Eraserhead

You can't win an argument just by being right!

Welcome, Eli. Which side of the planet do you live on? I'm southern hemisphere, down in Aus. Currently raining which is bliss.

Welcome aboard. Good timing for you because the countdown is on for the oscars which seems like it's going to be fun on the board.

Welcome to Movie Forums, Eli.

If you have any questions or problems, don't hesitate to ask me, or one of the other mods, or to post a thread in the Movie Forums Site Stuff forum.

Welcome abroad

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

I would like to watch more films and I would like to document my progress, keep a journal perhaps, and this place appeals to me because it seems like a fun and more interactive way to keep track of the films I watch.
Great idea – welcome .