The saddest movie characters

Tools    

I like sad movies and sad characters. It makes me think I'm still doing well and there's much worse problems than I thought there were. I think the saddest characters are:

- Curé d'Ambricourt from Journal d'un curé de campagne (1951)

- Joe Buck from Midnight Cowboy (1969)

- Selma Jezkova from Dancer in the Dark (2000)

Please share your idea of sad character. I know there's much more. Just writing this post another sad characters are coming to my mind. Thanks.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Can I include TV? Lily Raby in AHS Murder House. I've never seen a character cry so much.

Can I include TV? Lily Raby in AHS Murder House. I've never seen a character cry so much.
Could you insert a picture please? I would like to see this character,

Francis Dolarhyde, in Manhunter especially but also Red Dragon, is a pretty sad character.

Not quite sadness, but I think Kirsten Dunst performs one of the most accurate portrayals of depression in Lars von Trier's Melancholia.

Could you insert a picture please? I would like to see this character,
Trying to find one of her sobbing but not having much luck. Really good actress. In the show she's looking for her lost baby.

Found a gif of her sobbing. I found her portrayal of a mother's grief very real and gut wrenching

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=i&r...86936792073990

Watching this last night...

Mrs. Pell, Mississippi Burning...

What makes her such an intriguing character though is that it's underplayed by McDormand and the filmmakers.
It's a quiet sadness, yet when you watch her little mannerisms, you can see inside she's screaming for help.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Jacob in Jacobs Ladder

Specially moving, a scene in which Jake is crying for his dead boy.

Mickey Rourke in Angel Heart trying to convince himself he knows who he is

http://cdn2-www.comingsoon.net/asset...ngelHeart1.jpg